Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help on vi (special characters) needed Post 302371074 by boldopunk on Friday 13th of November 2009 09:47:26 AM
Old 11-13-2009
aggiungere combinazione di tasti in vim

Buongiorrno a tutti,

sono nuovo di ubuntu.
qualcuno mi puo dire come si inserisce un parantesi graffa in vim?
e qualunque altro simbolo?

Grazie,
Matteo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Special network tool needed

Hi everyone, I need some tool or a hint how to code it myself. I want a tool that listenes to a TCP/IP port and reads everything from that port and write it to a logfile. How can I do this? Regards, Steff (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tubbietoeter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Remove Special Characters

Dear Members, We have a file which contains some special characters. I need to replace these special character by a new line character(\n). The Special character is \x85. I am not sure what this character means and how we can remove it. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in replacing special characters

I am writing a ksh script. I need to replace a set of characters in an xml file. FROM="ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÛÚÜÝßàáâãäåçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö¿¶ø®"; TO="AAAAAAACEEEEIIIIDNOOOOOOUUUUYSaaaaaaceeeeiiiionooooo N R" I have used the code- sed 's/$FROM/$TO/g'<abc.xml But its not working. Can anyone tell me the code to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special characters?

Hi Unix Guru, I have an requirement for replace some specail characters in a file, my file came from mainframe. please see below example: when open it with vi 17896660|89059215|04/24/1998 00:00:00.000000| abc 123-453-1312^M<85>^M<85>|124557 if I run cat -v I got following:... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
25 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim80/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)