Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert string to uppercase
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert string to uppercase Post 302371060 by Scott on Friday 13th of November 2009 09:00:34 AM
Old 11-13-2009
Maybe.

Code:
for filename in *.[cC][sS][vV]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How convert lowercase or uppercase

It will only accept one argument where it should be upper or lowercase. if user choose to convert filnames to upper case than it should convert to upper or vice versa. if no action taken by the user then should not do anything any of the files in the current directory. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex20
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help to convert from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa!

Hello, can sed be used to convert all letters of a file from uppercase to lowercase and vice versa?i know tr command can be used but with sed is it possible? i came up with this :- sed 'y///' file1 actually the above command is also not working! Please help me. Thanks in advance :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in quote to uppercase

Hi, I need to find all strings in single quote and change the case of the string to UPPER. Example: Input: xyz abc ccc 'zxxx7U' dfsdf sdfdd aaa 'oR77' and 'or88' Output: xyz abc ccc 'ZXXX7U' dfsdf sdfdd aaa 'OR77' and 'OR88' Appreciate your help!! Thanks Selva (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selkum
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the first letter of each line to uppercase

Hi, I have the following file: /* ----------------- ADP2DAILY_Box ----------------- */ insert_job: ADP2DAILY_Box job_type: b owner: mbprwork permission: gx,wx date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr exclude_calendar: mtg_holidays start_times: "1:00" description: "Process Daily... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert user input to uppercase

Hi, how to convert user input (lowercase) to uppercase in the dos batch file ? echo. SET /p user1=Enter username: SET user2=%user1%V echo. echo %user1% echo. echo %user2% echo. With Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether a string begin with uppercase, lowercase or digit!

Hi every body! I wrote script on Fedora (bash shell) to check whether a tring enter from user console is start with a uppercase/lowercase letter or a digit. But with this script i have some problem when I enter from character from 'b' to 'z' --> result is uppercase. This code look like ok but i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguyendu0102
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert lowercase to uppercase

listprocs.sh contains ps -ef | grep "swikar" 1) Write a shell script to convert an input file to all upper case. Name your shell script toupper.sh. Hint: tr ' ' ' ' will convert all lower case letters to upper case To use your script, try the following command: cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swikar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert to uppercase in specific table

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering is it possible to convert into uppercase the records in specific field? ex. table name = mytable field1 field2 field3 abd erfdF fdsfdsfsd how can i convert into uppercase the field2 using sybase? Please advise, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Files and then convert them to Uppercase

Hi All, So I'm new to scripting and I've been put in a position to convert a bunch of files with specific extensions in a folder and all its subfolders to uppercase including their extension. I figure so far I could do something like this: ... ... and then input $line into another bash... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uppercase matching line when string found?

Hello, Could you please help me how to search the string in a file, and when found; change the existing line to uppercase in command line? I tried: ?whichcommand? -A "EXT" fileA | awk '{print tolower($0)}' | tee fileB tr command simply converts entire file to uppercase but this is not what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
GENDERS_LOAD_DATA(3)						    LIBGENDERS						      GENDERS_LOAD_DATA(3)

NAME
genders_load_data - read and parse a genders file SYNOPSIS
#include <genders.h> int genders_load_data(genders_t handle, const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
genders_load_data() read and parses the genders file indicated by filename. If filename is NULL, genders_load_data() will attempt to read and parse the default genders file defined by DEFAULT_GENDERS_FILE. handle is a genders handle created by genders_handle_create(3). After genders_load_data() is called, information about the genders file is stored in the genders handle passed in. This information is used by other genders C API functions. All future use of handle with other genders C API functions will be directly associated with the genders file indicated by filename (or the default genders file if filename is NULL). RETURN VALUES
On success, 0 is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and an error code is returned in handle. The error code can be retrieved via gen- ders_errnum(3) , and a description of the error code can be retrieved via genders_strerror(3). Error codes are defined in genders.h. ERRORS
GENDERS_ERR_NULLHANDLE The handle parameter is NULL. The genders handle must be created with genders_handle_create(3). GENDERS_ERR_OPEN The genders file indicated by filename cannot be opened for reading. GENDERS_ERR_READ Error reading the genders file indicated by filename. GENDERS_ERR_PARSE The genders file indicated by filename is incorrectly formatted. GENDERS_ERR_ISLOADED genders_load_data(3) has already been called with handle. GENDERS_ERR_OVERFLOW A line in the genders database exceeds the maximum allowed length. GENDERS_ERR_OUTMEM malloc(3) has failed internally, system is out of memory. GENDERS_ERR_MAGIC handle has an incorrect magic number. handle does not point to a genders handle or handle has been destroyed by genders_han- dle_destroy(3). GENDERS_ERR_INTERNAL An internal system error has occurred. FILES
/usr/include/genders.h SEE ALSO
libgenders(3), genders_handle_create(3), genders_handle_destroy(3), genders_errnum(3), genders_strerror(3) LLNL
August 2003 GENDERS_LOAD_DATA(3)