Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue Filtering Tail
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue Filtering Tail Post 302371037 by umairrahman on Friday 13th of November 2009 07:33:58 AM
Old 11-13-2009
Thanks Tytalus but it doesn't entirely work. I'm getting the following results from your query:

11:59:43 (1,850) Signal : ....
11:59:44 [strategy.SNTH] (1850) Bps : .....

The millseconds are gone and for the correct signal lines [strategy.SNTH] is gone too but the Bps lines have not been filtered out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tail -f

Working in HP-UX 10.20. I eventually want to write a bourne shell script to handle the following problem, but for now I am just toying with it at the command line. Here's what I am basically trying to do: tail -f log_X | grep n > log_Y I am doing a tail -f on log_X . Once it sees "n", I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail -f

I am trying to extract a particular line from a.log which keeps appending every sec and output that into a newfile b.log which should append itself with filtered data received from a.log I tried tail -f a.log |grep fail| tee -a b.log nothing in b.log tail -f a.log |grep fail >>b.log ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed filtering issue

The problem I have is that I have 23,000 records I need to sort through to pull out LEN: XXXX XX XX XX XX and NCOS: XXX entries from so I can insert them into a database. But some of my records include TYPE: ISDN, THE DN IS UNASSIGNED, or INVALID entries in between some records and I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roachmmflhyr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report filtering - Weird issue and interesting - UrgentPlease

Hi, Could any one help me to extract data from a report. I would like to get the two lines which are just below the separations I have a report like this -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pid Command Inuse Pin Pgsp Virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail issue!

Hi, I had few scripts which were running fine on linux: uname -a Linux ######### 2.6.9-89.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Apr 20 10:33:05 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux from some front end application. Recently there was a migration of this application on some other linux m/c: uname -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK / tail Issue

Hello, I am using a tail command to fetch the line before last in a log file. the two last lines are as followed: 11-01-16 11:55:45.174 | CClientObject::InitTraceLevelInCache Starting CClientObject::InitTraceLevelInCache End I am doing a awk statement to gather only the numeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep filtering issue

Hi, I am on uname -a HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license ps -exx| grep java | grep -i "GrafiteEventsInterfaces*" 19955 ? 55:22 /opt/app/app1/jdk150_07/bin/IA64N/java -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files tail on tail

I have 250 files that have 16 columns each - all numbered as follows stat.1000, stat.1001, stat.1002, stat.1003....stat.1250. I would like to join all 250 of them together tail by tail as follows. For example stat.1000 a b c d e f stat.1001 g h i j k l So that my output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Tail command issue in Linux

Hello, When I am trying to use tail +13 filename.csv it is throwing an error. tail: cannot open `+13' for reading: No such file or directory and then prints last 10 lines of the file. (File is present on the path) But when i try tail -13 filename.csv it runs perfectly. Could I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tail +

because the tail +2 on the first line gives me the file name pomga I do not want anything like what I miss tail +2 ejemplo.txt ouput ==> ejemplo.txt <== 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
strategy(9E)							Driver Entry Points						      strategy(9E)

NAME
strategy - perform block I/O SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/buf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixstrategy(struct buf *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for block devices. PARAMETERS
bp Pointer to the buf(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
The strategy() routine is called indirectly (through cb_ops(9S)) by the kernel to read and write blocks of data on the block device. strat- egy() may also be called directly or indirectly to support the raw character interface of a block device (read(9E), write(9E) and ioctl(9E)). The strategy() routine's responsibility is to set up and initiate the transfer. In general, strategy() should not block. It can, however, perform a kmem_cache_create(9F) with both the KM_PUSHPAGE and KM_SLEEP flags set, which might block, without causing deadlock in low memory situations. RETURN VALUES
The strategy() function must return 0. On an error condition, it should call bioerror(9F) to set b_flags to the proper error code, and call biodone(9F). Note that a partial transfer is not considered to be an error. SEE ALSO
ioctl(9E), read(9E), write(9E), biodone(9F), bioerror(9F), buf(9S), cb_ops(9S), kmem_cache_create(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2003 strategy(9E)