Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What unix machine can this be? Post 302370861 by robsonde on Thursday 12th of November 2009 04:28:55 PM
Old 11-12-2009
what output do you get from:

Code:
uname -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Virtual Machine?

Hey everyone... I'm currently doing a Bachelor of Information Technology at university, and next semesters work is going to involve quite a lot of unix and c. I am a windows XP user and I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to get unix to run as some sort of 'sub operating system' below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smeeg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp between two unix machine

rcp user@hostname:sourcefile destfile when i use the above command i get the followin error: remshd:login incorrect. i have taken care of entries in .rhosts and hosts.equiv. the userid on both the system is the same. is there any thing i have missed out please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvg_hal
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PC connection to an old UNIX machine

Hello folks, I've got a problem I've found to be quite difficult to solve. Recently I bought an old UNIX machine from the late eighties, a DIAB1100 with a Motorola 68K processor. I've used Linux for a while now, so I know the basics of that OS and thought it would be interesting to see a real... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyingesson
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection to another Unix machine

Requirements I'm running a shell script from one Unix server A which calculates the line count using "wc -l" of a file which resides in another unix server B. I have tried the ssh also but i'm not very clear about it and its throwing error. The command I'm trying to use is: ssh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: decci_7
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address of Unix machine

Can any one please tell me how to find the IP address of the Unix machine we are in? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoothukudiking
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help I Can't Install Unix On My Machine

Hi everybody; How are you? I have a machine with these components motherboard Gigabyet processor Intel RAM Kingstone 1GB HDD Westerndigital 160GB DVD ASUS I use this machine for labs, I was running WinXP I am now taking one of Sun's exams, I formated the HDD and get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katilina
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix on machine

Hi All I have window 7 ultimate installed on my machine. i want to install unix just like an application when i click on the application i should work on unix and when i close that application normal window 7 appears Example-: like in case of windows suppose we have installed the sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)