Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command to fresh the memory ! Post 302370826 by zxmaus on Thursday 12th of November 2009 01:42:13 PM
Old 11-12-2009
I came today across an undocumented command that might do what you want if you have bos.perf.tools installed - but I would be very careful doing this EVER on a production system: /usr/lib/perf/crush

It basically tells the VMM's page stealer to switch to an "aggressive" mode that may end up freeing pages that applications have not touched in a while.

usage:
Code:
/usr/lib/perf/crush <integer>

you calculate the integer using output from 'svmon -G' : memory size total - memory pinned = <integer>

Rumor has it that it was developed for internal IBM use to clean memory pages before running benchmark applications.

Your applications might slow down for a moment but you will see a much bigger free list afterwards.

Kind regards
zxmaus

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory Command

Hello, What are the comparative command in solaris for checking the memory and produced the output as free -m does in linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 009satyendra
1 Replies

3. Solaris

memory manufacturer command

Does anybody know the command i issue to find out the manufacturer of the RAM modules in my machine ....ie KINGSTON etc ....i know there is one because I saw sombody use it the other day cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very fresh to UNIX

Hello all, I am very new to unix. Can anybody suggest me good learning videos and their links for UNIX. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnani
1 Replies

6. Solaris

I 'd like to start fresh.

How can I deinstall or delete the whole environment and delete everything (all the files, group, users). I would like to start fresh. I 'd like to install ORACLE 12c. Create users from scratch, create group from scratch etc) Why? I installed Oracle 11g on Solaris. It had an ORACLE_BASE,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
6 Replies
PERF-INJECT(1)							    perf Manual 						    PERF-INJECT(1)

NAME
perf-inject - Filter to augment the events stream with additional information SYNOPSIS
perf inject <options> DESCRIPTION
perf-inject reads a perf-record event stream and repipes it to stdout. At any point the processing code can inject other events into the event stream - in this case build-ids (-b option) are read and injected as needed into the event stream. Build-ids are just the first user of perf-inject - potentially anything that needs userspace processing to augment the events stream with additional information could make use of this facility. OPTIONS
-b, --build-ids= Inject build-ids into the output stream -v, --verbose Be more verbose. -i, --input= Input file name. (default: stdin) -o, --output= Output file name. (default: stdout) -s, --sched-stat Merge sched_stat and sched_switch for getting events where and how long tasks slept. sched_switch contains a callchain where a task slept and sched_stat contains a timeslice how long a task slept. SEE ALSO
perf-record(1), perf-report(1), perf-archive(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-INJECT(1)