Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Identify File with ControlM Characters Post 302370811 by sandeep_1105 on Thursday 12th of November 2009 12:44:36 PM
Old 11-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
Code:
CR=`echo '\0015'`        # Carriage Return
grep "${CR}" filename

You could say pipe the grep to "wc" and count the hits.

Thanks methyl,

Your code is working perfectly fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify type of file

hi all, i have the next question: how can i identify the type of a file? . I'm working in Unix (Solaris 5.7) and i would like identify if a file is or not is a "flat file". I need have a program what separates the flat file in a directory, and the excel file in another directory. I must get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo comand with ControlM

I'm trying to change the user Id that the script is running under. I tried the sudo comand but the job was submitted under ControlM and it seems that controlM is not allowing the user id to change. I have included the job output below. The sudo comand was suppose to set the user id to "DWSOLAP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: u156531
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify records having junk characters in unix

Hi Friends, I need to have a command in Unix which output all teh records havingg junk characters in a file.... I know a command cat -tv <Filename> which opens the file and we can check for any junk character in it. But my requirement is to fetch ONLY THOSE records having junk characters.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I identify files with characters beyond a certain range.

I have a directory with hundreds of files that can not have data pass column 80. I do not know of way to combine "grep" and "cut" command. I tried: cat * | cut -c 81-120 |pg but it only shows me the line, not the file name. Any help would be appreciated. Been on this all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcsunsun01dev
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare large file and identify difference in separate file

I have a very large system generated file containing around 500K rows size 100MB like following HOME|ALICE STREET|3||NEW LISTING HOME|NEWPORT STREET|1||NEW LISTING HOME|KING STREET|5||NEW LISTING HOME|WINSOME AVENUE|4||MODIFICATION CAR|TOYOTA|4||NEW LISTING CAR|FORD|4||NEW... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jubaier
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify extended ascii characters in a file

Hi, Is there a way to identify the lines in a file having extended ascii characters and display the same? For instance I have a file abc.txt having below data aaa|bbb|111|This is first line aaa|bbb|222|This is secõnd line aaa|bbb|333|This is third line aaa|bbb|444|This is foùrth line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: decci_7
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to identify the special characters beyond the range of "[\x80-\xFF]"

I want to filter out the special character whose ascii value doesn't fall within the range "" . Example:� or Ć. So in that case is there any defined range which will filter out this characters. I can filter those which falls withing "" . Need to filter those special chracter which doesn't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Sen
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify missing file

I am on linux and I am supposed to receive 3 files. If any of the files are not received I need to identify the missing file and throw it out in a variable. I have put in something like this if ] then echo "file $file1 was found" else echo "ERROR: file $file1 was not found!!!"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify illegal characters in a perso-arabic database

I am working on Sindhi: a perso-Arabic script and since it shares the Unicode-block with over 400 other languages, quite often the database contains characters which are not wanted: illegal characters. I have identified the character set of Sindhi which is given below: For clarity's sake, each... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exit1 not to report failure in controlM

HI Team, I running below script from controlM and job is reporting as failure everyday so i tried to change the if exitstatus=1 (send only email) but not to end as a job is failed. can you let me know where i have to change this script to make the script not to fail but instead send email and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
3 Replies
MAKE-LINGUA-IDENTIFY-LANGUAGE(1p)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 MAKE-LINGUA-IDENTIFY-LANGUAGE(1p)

NAME
make-lingua-identify-language - creates language modules for Lingua::Identify SYNOPSIS
make-lingua-identify-language Language-Tag Language-Name file1 [file2 ...] or make-lingua-identify-language -d TAG1-LANGUAGE1/ [TAG2-LANGUAGE2/ ...] or make-lingua-identify DESCRIPTION
Creates language modules to be used by Lingua::Identify. After creating the modules, you still have to install them. Please note that this script is still at an early stage. Please do not even look at the code... Without parameters, make-lingua-identify-language assumes mode -d and goes through all the directories in the current one. This is useful to be used in a directory where you something like this: . |-- en-english | `-- english.txt |-- fr-french | `-- french1.txt | `-- french2.txt `-- pt-portuguese `-- portuguese.txt OPTIONS -d Directory mode. Each parameter passed should be a directory whose name must be of the form tag-name (e.g., en-english/ ). Each of the directories passed should contain text files that can be used to train Lingua::Identify. -D Debug mode. Only for development. -h Display help and exit. -v Show version and exit. -verbose Verbose mode. -locale="<locale>" Set a specific locale. This way your text will be all lowercased before analysed. META.yml "META.yml" files are not parsed as other files, they are ignored. In directory mode ("-d" switch), "META.yml" files are checked for info on languages codes and sets. Here's a simple "META.yml" for you to put in your directories: two_letter_code: pt three_letter_code: por sets: spoken_in_portugal With that, the language will be identified with the two letter code "pt" or the three letter code "por"; it will also be in the set ":spoken_in_portugal". CONTRIBUTING WITH NEW LANGUAGES
Please do not contribute with modules you made yourself. It's easier to contribute with unprocessed text, because that allows for new versions of Lingua::Identify not having to drop languages down in case I can't contact you by that time. Use make-lingua-identify-language to create a new module for your own personal use, if you must, but try to contribute with unprocessed text rather than those modules. SEE ALSO
Lingua::Identify(3), langident(1) A linguist and/or a shrink. The latest CVS version of "Lingua::Identify" (which includes make-lingua-identify) can be attained at http://natura.di.uminho.pt/natura/viewcvs.cgi/Lingua/Identify/ ISO 639 Language Codes, at http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm AUTHOR
Jose Alves de Castro, <cog@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2005 by Jose Alves de Castro This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-02 MAKE-LINGUA-IDENTIFY-LANGUAGE(1p)