Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying to compile and looking for old libraries Post 302370736 by fpmurphy on Thursday 12th of November 2009 09:27:44 AM
Old 11-12-2009
gparted is available for Centos via yum. Why did you decide to build your own version?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Graphics libraries

I want to know if under Linux there are some graphics libraries and/or functions for using simple graphics in the 'console' screen. For example with MS-DOS (when I was using Borland Turbo C++ v1.01, a very old version) there was the include file <graphics.h> that allowed to enter the graphic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robotronic
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

4. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

fftw libraries

hi everyone, I need fftw3 libraries (FFTW Installation on the MacOS) but I can't succeed in installing them on my Mac OSX. I tried with "./configure make make install" procedure, fink and macports but my programs always ask me "fftw.h" files? can you help me? thank you!! ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: federico_tn84
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

8. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

10. Solaris

odbc libraries

Hi, this is my first experience with Solaris. For work, I must configured an applicacion (oracle EPM, this include Datadirect odbc drivers) in solaris. Additionally, we must connect to Sybase IQ Database (I installed odbc drivers to do this). The problem is, I can't get those two odbc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmedinacl
1 Replies
UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)				      System Manager's Manual				     UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)

NAME
update-flashplugin-nonfree - program to get the newest Adobe Flash Player SYNOPSIS
update-flashplugin-nonfree --install update-flashplugin-nonfree --uninstall DESCRIPTION
The program update-flashplugin-nonfree takes care of downloading last minute information from Debian about suitable versions, removing the installed Adobe Flash Plugin if it has been reported as insecure, or, if a newer suitable version is available, downloading a newer Adobe Flash Player and its installer from the Adobe download site, run the downloaded installer to install the Adobe Flash Player on the local system, and then move the installed files to where they fit on a Debian system. A copy of the downloaded .tar.gz is saved in /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree for later reuse. The program update-flashplugin-nonfree is used in the postinst and prerm scripts of the Debian package, but this program can also be run manually by root. OPTIONS
--install To install, update or remove the Adobe Flash Player depending on downloaded last minute information from Debian about suitable ver- sions. --uninstall To remove the Adobe Flash Player. --verbose Produce detailed information about what's happening. --quiet Produce no informational output. SEE ALSO
http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer If you subscribe to this wiki page, then you will receive updates via e-mail. http://www.adobe.com/ The Adobe homepage. August 15, 2007 UPDATE-FLASHPLUGIN-NONFREE(8)