Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting only a few columns!!!? Post 302370724 by smarty86 on Thursday 12th of November 2009 09:03:07 AM
Old 11-12-2009
what home work are you talking about?? I have to submit my script before monday to my team lead.. i'm not a programmer but knows basics thats all...

and even i didnt write any program also...there was a program already with our team but there we need to change few things...like the one above...

please help me

---------- Post updated at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocomm
Here my participation...

Code:
cat file | awk '/^[0-9]/' | awk 'BEGIN{print "component Part New Part Part Name"};{n=split($0,tab)}{if(NR==2) {print tab[1],tab[4],$NF} else {print tab[1],tab[3],$NF}}'

Result:

Code:
component Part New Part Part Name
12345 12345.12345 Bad
23456 23456.23456 Good
34567 34567.34567 Bad

Hi thanks for your reply... checked this and working almost ok but the problem is i should get 12345 exactly under "component part" column n there should be some space between each column.. means columns should be arranged in a proper order,....

Last edited by smarty86; 11-13-2009 at 12:05 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from different files for later merging

Hello! I wan't to extract columns from two files and later combine them for plotting with gnuplot. If the files file1 and file2 look like: fiile1: a, 0.62,x b, 0.61,x file2: a, 0.43,x b, 0,49,x The desired output is a 0.62 0.62 b 0.61 0.49 Thank you in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingkong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in extracting columns

Hi , I have a file having around 8 columns spereated by space . Now that I need to extract columns from this. The problem is this functionality is needed in a script and the required columns are dynamic and can range from 2 columns to 8 columns at a time . What I tried without luck is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting multiple consecutive columns using awk

Hello, I have a matrix 200*10,000 and I need to extract the columns between 40 and 77. I dont want to write in awk all the columns. eg: awk '{print $40, $41, $42,$43 ... $77}'. I think should exist a better way to do this. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: auratus42
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns with awk

Friends, I have a file with fileds in the following order sda 4.80 114.12 128.69 978424 1103384 sdb 0.03 0.40 0.00 3431 0 sda 1.00 0.00 88.00 0 176 sdb ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns

The output of the below command is : # yum -e0 -d0 check-update dnsmasq.i386 2.45-1.1.el5_3 updates ecryptfs-utils.i386 75-5.el5 updates fetchmail.i386 6.3.6-1.1.el5_3.1 updates... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns from 2 files

Hello, I have 2 files file1 & file2 = a1 b1 a2 b2 a3 b3 ... = c1 d1 c2 d2 c3 d3 ... I need to compare if b(i)=c(j) . i,j=1,2,3,4,... If yes, right a(i) d(j) in output file3 per line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newpromo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using columns from 2 files and extracting string

Hi All, I have 2 files with a common column. File 1 looks like NAME START POS1 POS2 N1 1234 1236 1237 N2 1245 1248 1250 .. .. File 2 looks like NAME STRING N1 ABCDEFGH N2 EFGHBCD N3 PQRSSTUV .. ...... ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
25 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Extracting only unique data between two columns

:wall:Hi there, I am trying to extract/filter a unique data between specific columns from a tab deliminated file, that has a number of columns: input file as follow: 5 rs1 70 A C 7 1 1 Blue 5 rs9 66 A E ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting wanted columns

Suppose file1 1 3 8 9 file2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 I want to print columns listed in file 1 from file2. so the output will look like 1 3 8 9 1 1 0 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting multiple columns with awk

Hi everyone!! I need to apply a simple command to extract columns from a matrix, but I need to extract contemporary from the first to the tenth columns, than from the eleventh to the twentyth and so on... how can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
1 Replies
Courriel::Part::Multipart(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Courriel::Part::Multipart(3pm)

NAME
Courriel::Part::Multipart - A part which contains other parts VERSION
version 0.29 SYNOPSIS
my $headers = $part->headers(); my $ct = $part->content_type(); for my $subpart ( $part->parts ) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This class represents a multipart email part which contains other parts. API
This class provides the following methods: Courriel::Part::Multipart->new( ... ) This method creates a new part object. It accepts the following parameters: o parts An array reference of part objects (either Single or Multipart). This is required, but could be empty. o content_type A Courriel::Header::ContentType object. This defaults to one with a mime type of "multipart/mixed". o boundary The part boundary. If none is provided, a unique value will be generated. o preamble Content that appears before the first part boundary. This will be seen by email clients that don't understand multipart messages. o epilogue Content that appears after the final part boundary. The spec allows for this, but it's probably not very useful. o headers A Courriel::Headers object containing headers for this part. $part->parts() Returns an array (not a reference) of the parts this part contains. $part->part_count() Returns the number of parts this part contains. $part->boundary() Returns the part boundary. $part->mime_type() Returns the mime type for this part. $part->content_type() Returns the Courriel::Header::ContentType object for this part. $part->headers() Returns the Courriel::Headers object for this part. $part->is_inline(), $part->is_attachment() These methods always return false, but exist for the sake of providing a consistent API between Single and Multipart part objects. $part->is_multipart() Returns true. $part->preamble() The preamble as passed to the constructor. $part->epilogue() The epilogue as passed to the constructor. $part->container() Returns the Courriel or Courriel::Part::Multipart object to which this part belongs, if any. This is set when the part is added to another object. $part->stream_to( output => $output ) This method will send the stringified part to the specified output. The output can be a subroutine reference, a filehandle, or an object with a "print()" method. The output may be sent as a single string, as a list of strings, or via multiple calls to the output. See the "as_string()" method for documentation on the "charset" parameter. $part->as_string() Returns the part as a string, along with its headers. Lines will be terminated with " ". ROLES
This class does the "Courriel::Role::Part" and Courriel::Role::Streams roles. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2012 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-07 Courriel::Part::Multipart(3pm)