Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris User with limited access to one directory Post 302370623 by q8devilish on Thursday 12th of November 2009 03:00:41 AM
Old 11-12-2009
what if i want to limit his access to only one directory?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..?

Hi All, I'm using solaris 2.8, and I want create a new ftp user account with the following restrictions: - Have only ftp access, no telnet or rlogin - Have restricted access to its home directory example /export/home/newuser - Deny access to any other directory. Thanks for your help, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user with limited access

dear guys, sorry for asking a noob :p question, tried to search the forum for an answer but couldn't find one, i am running solaris 10 and i would like to create a user with limited access to view only one directory, the directory already exist, is this possible:confused:? thanks and regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
4 Replies

4. Solaris

create user with RWX access to a specific directory in Solaris 10

I need to create a user account for a developer that will allow him rwx access to all resources in a directory. How can I do that? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsander
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

new userid with limited access

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. But my requirement is he should not change his directory from Home directory. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh Double Post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory

Hi, I have searched "Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory" subject for 3 days. I found proftp and vsftp but i couldn't compile and install. Is there any idea. Please suggest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamurd
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux sftp — how to add new user to access exist directory with write permission?

I have built a website and I can access and edit the website'files on server via the root user. The current file and directory structures are not changeable. Now I am hiring a webpage designer to help me re-design some pages, I am going to let the designer edit the files directly on the server. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwo-g-xw
5 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)