Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Csh script get file extension Post 302370559 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 08:36:29 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Code:
#!/bin/csh

if ( "`echo ${1} | cut -d'.' -f2`" == "zip" )  then
  echo $1 is a zip file
else
  echo sorry, $1 is not a zip file
endif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSH - finding files with the same file extension

Hey, I'm having a problem finding out if a directory holds any files with a certain file extension, for example .txt. I have tried: if (! -e "*.txt") and I've tried: set FILES=`ls *` echo "Found $FILES" foreach FILE ($FILES) if($FILE == "*.txt") And neither of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amnesiaiom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to rename or change file extension case.

I searched the forum, but there was different type of rename. Hello. I have files in folder. Like: xxxxxxxx1.html or xxxxxxxx2.txt or xxxxxxxx3.tar.gz and how to rename or change file extension case to xxxxxxxx1.htm or xxxxxxx2.TXT or (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheldon
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Script to move files to subdir depending on file extension.

Hi, First off I'm pretty new to scripting so please be gentle. I am looking for some help with a script that will move all files with a certain extension into a folder within their current location. Just for clarity I have all my photos organised in directories such as: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a file in a csh script?

Hi, I have a csh script. I want to set some variables and execute some command from a file in that script. abc.csh echo "primary script" b setenv XXX ddd set XX make abc I want to execute the commands of "b" file from abc.csh. How can i do that. Please view this link: How to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file extension in csh alias

I want to type only the filename of a gcc source that has ".syn" as an extension and copy it, changing the extension to ".c" so it can be compiled. I do it as follows: if (-e $1.syn) then /bin/cp $1.syn $1.c endif This works fine, but if I want to repeat the compilation by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ygmwayne
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to change the extension of a file

I have a directory that contains several files, out of which some files are have an extra extension for example file1.new.new.new file2.new.new.new file3.new.new.new file4.new.new.new i want to write a shell script that rename all such file with only single extension like file1.new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding file extension on C Shell script

I very new to C Shell. I am trying to do is read from Command line. Find the if the file is zip, .txt, symbloic link,pipe, unknow (if file is not zip, txt, sy....) here is what I what got so far. I am very stuck atm Please help me out : If the file is symblooc link what file is link to ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madbull41
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move .300 extension file from 1 dir to other and email

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which move .300 extension files from /home/sofia/ to /home/sofia/test and sends me an email with the list of files moved like this :- The following files has been moved from /home/sofia/ to /home/sofia/test 1. alpha.300 2. beta.300 Email only if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofia8679
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a text file for use in csh script

Hello, I have a text file (say, declarevars.txt) that contains multiple lines that are essentially meant to be variable declarations: set arr1 = (var1a var1b var1c) set arr2 = (var2a var2b var2c) . . . I want to be able to read this text file within a csh (sorry) script and have that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjaydj
2 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)