Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep multiple line pattern and output the lines Post 302370534 by daptal on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 06:44:08 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Code:
cat abc.txt
--
-- TABLE: BUSINESS_UNIT
--

ALTER TABLE RATINGS.BUSINESS_UNIT ADD CONSTRAINT FK1_BUSINESS_UNIT
FOREIGN KEY (PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID)
REFERENCES RATINGS.PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE(PEOPLESOFT_CHART_FIELD_VALUE_ID)
;

Code:
 cat abc.txt | perl -e 'while(<>){
        chomp;
        next if (m/--/);
        $str .= $_;
        if ($_ =~ m/;/){
                print "$str\n" if ($str =~ m/REFERENCES RATINGS.ENTITY_VERSION/);
                $str = "";
        }
}'

Replace abc.txt with the file you have.

HTH,
PL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating multiple lines to one line if match pattern

Hi all, I've been working on a script which I have hit a road block now. I have written a script using sed to extract the below data and pumped into another file: Severity............: MAJORWARNING Summary: System temperature is out of normal range. Severity............: MAJORWARNING... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: phixsius
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using tr to put multiple lines of output into one line

Hi all, For a intro UNIX course I'm taking, I need to use the command "tr" to display a file on standard output without any newlines (all on one line). I assume I would start with "cat filename | tr" but don't know what to put after tr. Any ideas would be lovely! Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otes4
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multiple pattern on same line using grep

Hi, I would like to search multiple patterns on same line, i.e. all patterns must present on same line. Please suggest. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script: grep multiple lines after pattern match

I have sql file containing lot of queries on different database table. I have to filter specific table queries. Let say i need all queries of test1,test2,test3 along with four lines above it and sql queries can be multi lines or in single line. Input file contains. set INSERT_ID=1; set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
TRIGGER(7) SQL Commands ALTER TRIGGER(7) NAME
ALTER TRIGGER - change the definition of a trigger SYNOPSIS
ALTER TRIGGER name ON table RENAME TO newname DESCRIPTION
ALTER TRIGGER changes properties of an existing trigger. The RENAME clause changes the name of the given trigger without otherwise changing the trigger definition. You must own the table on which the trigger acts to be allowed to change its properties. PARAMETERS
name The name of an existing trigger to alter. table The name of the table on which this trigger acts. newname The new name for the trigger. NOTES
The ability to temporarily enable or disable a trigger is provided by ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], not by ALTER TRIGGER, because ALTER TRIGGER has no convenient way to express the option of enabling or disabling all of a table's triggers at once. EXAMPLES
To rename an existing trigger: ALTER TRIGGER emp_stamp ON emp RENAME TO emp_track_chgs; COMPATIBILITY
ALTER TRIGGER is a PostgreSQL extension of the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER TRIGGER(7)