Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AWK sub function curious problem under bash Post 302370526 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 05:55:00 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Regarding function 2, sub is not a function that produces a string that you can print. This will perhaps work better:

Code:
function get-last-page() 
{
awk '/Page/{ f=$NF }; END{ sub(/Page/,"",f); print f}' $1; 
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using function in awk

I created two functions that output two random variables. I want to output them in the output file. But it does not seem to work. # Function rgaussian1(r1, r2) # Gaussian random number generator function rgaussian1(r1, r2) { pi = 3.142 v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) ) v2... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
18 Replies

6. Solaris

Curious MPxIO problem

Hello folks, I have a newly installed Solaris 10 system running on a T6320 blade. I have set up LDM with the intent to move an ldom from another blade to this one. So far, so good. I had the SAN folks make the LUNs belonging to the ldom visible to my new blade and I can see them, all 4 paths.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranck
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New problem with awk using bash

Hi! I have a new problem with awk, this time I think is because I'm using it in bash and I don't know how to put the valor of the variable in awk. Here is the code: #!/bin/bash for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do a=$i b=$ awk '$1>=a&&$1<=b {print $1,$2,$3}'>asdf test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: florpi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function problem

I am trying to figure out why I am having a "problem" with some functions in a bash script I am running. The reason for air quoting is that the functions are working, they are just not displaying anything to screen when called from another function. Here's an example: function Create_Input {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: problem with a function which use colors

Hello guys :) I've a some issue with a function which use the bash colors in my script. An example : #!/bin/bash set -x log_in(){ host="srv1" remote_files="log/" LOG_FILE="logfile" green='\033]; then color_in_red=("${red}"$2"${none}") echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk call in bash function called with arugments not working, something lost in translation?

Hello, I have this awk code in a bash script to perform a find and replace task. This finds one unique line in a file and substitutes the found line with a replacement. #! /bin/bash # value determined elsewhere total_outputs_p1=100 # file being modified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
MINCORE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							MINCORE(2)

NAME
mincore -- determine residency of memory pages SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/mman.h> int mincore(caddr_t addr, size_t len, char *vec); DESCRIPTION
The mincore() system call allows a process to obtain information about whether pages are core resident. The current core residency of the pages is returned in the character array vec. For each entry in the character array vec, the following bit values may be set depending upon the state of the page: MINCORE_INCORE 0x1 /* Page is incore */ MINCORE_REFERENCED 0x2 /* Page has been referenced by us */ MINCORE_MODIFIED 0x4 /* Page has been modified by us */ MINCORE_REFERENCED_OTHER 0x8 /* Page has been referenced */ MINCORE_MODIFIED_OTHER 0x10 /* Page has been modified */ RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[EINVAL] addr is not a valid address for user mode. [EFAULT] an error occurred trying to copy to the output character array vec. SEE ALSO
madvise(2), minherit(2), mlock(2), mprotect(2), msync(2), munmap(2) HISTORY
The mincore() function first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD