Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifications to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifications to a file Post 302370498 by kylle345 on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 03:57:25 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Modifications to a file

Hi,

I do not have a clue how to do this nor can I find information on it but I have a file that looks like this (basically 3 columns and tab delimited). I need this in a particular format in order for a program to actually read it.

Code:
chr1  2  4
chr1  2  5
chr1  3  6
chr2  1  4
chr2  2  5

what I want to do is this

Code:
track type=wiggle_0 name="Name" description="Name" visibility=full autoScale=off viewLimits=-5:1.25 color=0,100,0 altColor=0,100,0 priority=30 yLineOnOff=on 
variableStep chrom=chr1 span=1
2  4
2  5
3  6

track type=wiggle_0 name="Name" description="Name" visibility=full autoScale=off viewLimits=-5:1.25 color=0,100,0 altColor=0,100,0 priority=30 yLineOnOff=on 
variableStep chrom=chr2 span=1
1  4
2  5

so basically when an identifier changes along chr1 then a header (above) is added containing the track type etc... (the header is space separeted) and then at chrom = , a name from column 1 is added (chr1 etc....). Am I clear here?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Line File Modifications: Search and Replace

grep -il "TEST" ${ENVIRON}/*.pde| while read pde   do     cat $pde | sed s/"TEST 3,1"/"TEST 3,0"/g | sed s/"TEST  3,1"/"TEST  3,0"/g > ${pde}.tmp     if ; then       mv ${pde}.tmp $pde ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracing file modifications

Hello all! Is there a way or a utility to trace any kind of file changes in a particular directory on any UNIX machine? The purpose is that in Unix, there are multiple ways of opening and making changes to a file. But internally, there must be something common (a single pipe, etc.) that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_ca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list files with modifications <15 minutes

Good Afternoon Guys: we can use ls -l to find out the files and their modification time. however, how to list the files say which are modified 15 minutes before. we have find command which uses -mtime and -atime for modification and access timing. However, if we just be restricted to the current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom_k_mishra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell script (file modifications)

hi guys Need some help on my below script #!/bin/sh if then echo "~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin" >> /root/joy/inittab else echo "/root/joy/inittab does not exist" fi now the problem is that when i run the above script it runs successfully but when i run it repeatedly the word echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about testing in shell programming(modifications were made)

In folder A i have a file "a' and text file named infile00.I would like to do redirection :a<infile01. There is a code to do this #get a file "a" in /home/A for file in /home/A/* do if $file ] then #printing out if file is an execute file echo $file "is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write modifications in to two tables

hi, how to write modifictions of two tables in the ksh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file modifications using sed

Hi, During an installation process in a bash script I need to do 2 things with 2 XML files. Does the use of sed affect in any way the XML file ? 1.Add to a section in <ServerListeners> section <ServerListener> <BaseClass>myapp.module.WowConfigurator</BaseClass> </ServerListener> The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications to a file

I have a file whose format is shown below. It has a table of numbers. In this case, I have 16 values in 12 rows. I want to select a position in the table, example, the 5th number at row 5. I need to change the value in that position by a certain amount and output the file with the modifiation. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications using Lookup file

I have 2 files. File 1 delimited by ";" File 1: 001;0;11223;xx;N;1001051;124;1;1;1001051;110;0;A_15;D;DX;U 001;0;8830943;xx;P;1226040;978;1;0;1226040;110;0;A_15;D;DX;H 001;0;10946903;xx;N;1300496;978;1;1;1300496;110;0;A_17;D;DX;H... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sentence delimiter in perl: modifications needed

Hello, I found this Perl Script on the EuroParl website which does Sentence Splitting. #!/usr/bin/perl -w # Based on Preprocessor written by Philipp Koehn binmode(STDIN, ":utf8"); binmode(STDOUT, ":utf8"); binmode(STDERR, ":utf8"); use FindBin qw($Bin); use strict; my $mydir =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
0 Replies
YAGI(5) 							File Formats Manual							   YAGI(5)

NAME
yagi - yagi binary output format DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the output format of the file created by the Yagi-Uda project's yagi program. The file is a binary file with a header of 100 bytes. The header consists of: offset(bytes) information data-type 0 elements int 4 driven int 8 parasitic int 12 min_frequency double 20 max_frequency double 28 design frequency double 36 step_frequency double 44 angular_step double 52 0 double 92 0 double Following the header, there starts the coordinates(x,y,l) of each element and the voltage applied to each element. Then we write the element currents one after the other, at each frequency. Hence the element currents will be written 12,000 times with a 3 element yagi analysed at 4,000 different frequencies. All complex data is stored in a structure of type fcomplex, defined as: struct fcomplex {double real, double imaginary}; offset(bytes) information data-type 100 x1 double /* coordinates */ 108 y1 double 116 l1 double 100+(n-1)*24 x_n double 100+(n-1)*24+8 y_n double 100+(n-1)*24+16 l_n double -------------- Repeated for each element. 100+24*elements Voltage1 fcomplex /* voltage */ 100+24*elements+(n-1)*16 Voltage_n fcomplex -------------- Repeated for each element n at each frequency step f. 100+40*elements Current1@f1 fcomplex /* current */ 100+40*elements+(n-1)*16 Current_n@f1 fcomplex 100+56*elements Current@f2 fcomplex 100+40*elements+(n-1)*16 Current_n@f2 fcomplex FILES
filename.out binary file SEE ALSO
yagi(1), output(1), input(1), optimise(1), first(1) and input(5). AUTHORS
Dr. David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net), with help with converting to DOS from Dr. Joe Mack NA3T (mack@fcrfv2.ncifcrf.gov). Yagi version 1.16 24th October 2000 YAGI(5)