Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing variable between servers Post 302370436 by sysrenan on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 11:15:25 AM
Old 11-11-2009
temhem, you will not be able to run the command "sh" on sftp, from what I know.

if you want to execute commands on serverB and have the output on serverA you can do for example:
Code:
ssh user@serverB "ls -ls"

more efficient I think is that you can make all this on serverB, write a script that will do all this and run a CRON Job to send the files from serverB to serverA Smilie

On ServerB:
You can setup CRON JOB by issuing the command:
Code:
# crontab -e 
* 12 * * * /home/user/myscript.sh

this will run every 12th hour everyday

name this myscript.sh (as on the cronjob, but you can change it)
don't forget to add executable permission on this file

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#run the topl
/home/oper/topl.sh

#send variable files to serverA
scp /home/oper/odeme user@serverA:/home/user/
scp /home/oper/taksit user@serverA:/home/user/

# log the date/time that files were copied
echo "Variable files copied on $(date)" >> /home/oper/variablescopy.log

let me know if that helped

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing C Variable To Unix

I want to pass a variable set in my c program to a shell script (which will also be invoked or initiated from the same C program using the C's system command). Is it possible ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable passing

Hi, If a script A(Parent) is running and script B(child) is run from script A, will the variables in script A be past to script B? Will the variables exist only for the duration of running the script? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whugo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to perl

I need a non-perl (bash) way to strip the path from a list of "find" results. Below is the perl version which I could use, if I could figure out how to call the script with a variable (like in sh, $1 is the variable passed in ./script variable) $file = "/path/to/file.txt"; # How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variable inside another variable.

Any help would be great. I know this is a dumb way of doing this, but I would like to know if there is a solution doing it this way. I'm very new at this and I'd like to learn more. Thanks! :D:D count=0 while ; do echo "enter your name" read name_$count let count=count+1 done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reconflux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable in sed

Dear All, I want to print a file. First I tried with this sed '2q;d' filename it worked. But when i put following it is not working x=2; sed '$xq;d' filename Would any one suggest how to pass the variable? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable with *

Hi Folks, I would like to pass a variable with a wild card in an argument. My script works if I don't use a wildcard but fails when I use *. I want to use the script like: scriptname -F <filename*> @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#argv}) switch ($argv) case -F: set j = `echo $i +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing dynamic variable within another variable.

I have a small program which needs to pass variable dynamically to form the name of a second variable whose value wil be passed on to a third variable. ***************** Program Start ****************** LOC1=/loc1 PAT1IN=/loc2 PAT2IN=/loc3 if ; then for fpattern in `cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyril Jos
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing value of a variable in sed

Hi, I want to pass value of a variable track_line which is the line number to sed. Sed should print the lines starting from track_line till the last line of the file. I tried the below command but it is not working. sed -n '${track_line},$p' latest_log_file I tried using the below too but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinupadhyaya8
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)