Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Force readonly mount always.
Operating Systems Linux Debian Force readonly mount always. Post 302370428 by dr.house on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 10:25:20 AM
Old 11-11-2009
You may want to export the partitions in question as NFS read-only (?).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Readonly access

Hi, I have create a user using the following command useradd -d /home/rozan -s /bin/bash -c "Rozan ahmed" -g dba rozan I would like to give her only the read only access to $BDUMP_HOME/alert.log file The owner of the file is oracle:oinstall Regards Faruque (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruque.ahmed
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Readonly

After I issused $readonly THIN. How to change back the varaibale from read only to writeable? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set readonly

I'm confused using hdparm -r1 /dev/sda9 although it shows readonly set to 1 (on) - I can touch a file and edit and save it. why? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
7 Replies

8. Gentoo

Help & lead me to the end. VFS: readonly/fs couldn't mount.

In a case of root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/sda2 No filesystem could mount root, tried: ext3 ext2... Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0) http://imageplay.net/img/tya22288136/IMG0204A.jpg (real_root - real panic) The case of omitting real_root and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)