Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX List only the recent log files Post 302370409 by TonyLawrence on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 09:24:34 AM
Old 11-11-2009
"ls -lut" might be better (assuming you really want the latest used rather than just latest created)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files except most recent

#!/bin/ksh -xvf for arch_filename in `ls -lrt /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive | awk '{print $9}'`; do echo "rm -rf /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive/"$arch_filename rm -rf /u02/oracle/CMDR/archive/$arch_filename done I am running the above shell script every 10 minutes. I need to not delete the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To keep only the most recent files

Hi all, I'm running on a Sun Solaris machine. I would only want to keep the last 2 most recent files on 1 of my directory. Below shows my script, but it is incomplete. For the ?? part I do not know how to continue. please help:confused: DIR=/tmp/abc OUTPUT=/tmp/output.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week

Hi All, Here is a brief scenario for my requirement .. There is a directory in FTP Server, where would files be uploaded on weekly basic. I need to get those files which are uploaded during this week and not the files which are uploaded the previous week and download them to locale... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narramadan
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

How do you list the most recent files writen to a volume

Hi, I have a couple of xRaids and recently over night something happened on one of the volumes which maxed out all the disk space. What is the shell command to list the most recent files written to a volume as there are like millions of files on this share. I'm thinking along the lines of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: williamhsman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kron Shell: deleting all but most recent log files

I am trying to create a Korn Shell script to be run every 5-10 minute from a crontab. This script needs to look for log files (transaction_<date>.log). If there are more than 5 such files, it needs to delete all but the most current 5. How often these files are create varies - can be every minute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WmShaw
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort biggest most recent files

if i am in /tmp file, and i have a few DIRs under /tmp. i want to find the biggest and most recent files (from 7 days ago) in /tmp and subfolders. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Back up of recent modified files

Hi, I want to identify the files that are recently modified or with in a specified period (15 Days) in UNIX box. After identifying the files should be transferred to windows machine through FTP. The files should be overwritten in windows if it is already available. Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename (move) most recent files in directory?

I'm using cygwin32 on Windows. DN is an environment variable pointed at my download directory. This command works to move the single most recent file in my download directory to my current directory: mv "`perl -e '$p = $ARGV; opendir $h, $p or die "cannot opendir $p: $!"; @f = sort { -M $a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job that checks for new/recent files

I'm new to shell scripting, and I want to set up a cron job that scans the date/time stamp of all files in a directory, and then if any file is, say, less than 10 minutes old, I want it to execute a command on that file. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks. Not sure if it makes a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidHoffman
1 Replies
mlib_ImageColorDitherInit(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				  mlib_ImageColorDitherInit(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_ImageColorDitherInit - initialization for image dithering SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_ImageColorDitherInit(void **colormap, const mlib_s32 *dimensions, mlib_type intype, mlib_type outtype, mlib_s32 channels, mlib_s32 entries, mlib_s32 offset, void **lut); DESCRIPTION
The mlib_ImageColorDitherInit() function creates an internal data structure, colormap, which can be used by one of the following functions for image dithering: mlib_ImageColorErrorDiffusion3x3 mlib_ImageColorErrorDiffusionMxN mlib_ImageColorOrderedDither8x8 mlib_ImageColorOrderedDitherMxN The lut might have either 1 or 3 channels. The type of the lut can be one of the following: MLIB_BYTE in, MLIB_BYTE out (i.e., BYTE-to-BYTE) MLIB_BIT in, MLIB_BYTE out (i.e., BIT-to-BYTE) If dimensions == NULL, then no colorcube will be created. In this case, the user-provided lookup table, lut, will be used for dithering. If dimensions != NULL, then a colorcube is created from scratch in a way shown in the following example. To dither an RGB image of type MLIB_BYTE to a color-indexed image of type MLIB_BYTE, we can use the following parameters: mlib_s32 dimensions[] = {2, 3, 4}; mlib_type intype = MLIB_BYTE; mlib_type outtype = MLIB_BYTE; mlib_s32 channels = 3; mlib_s32 offset = 6; These values would lead to the creation of a colorcube that would dither red values in the source image to one of 2 red levels, green val- ues to one of 3 green levels, and blue values to one of 4 blue levels. You could picture this colorcube as a cube with dimensions of 2, 3, and 4. The index values assigned to the elements in that cube can be described by the following lookup table: Indexes Red Values Green Values Blue Values 0 ... 5 6 0 0 0 7 255 0 0 8 0 128 0 9 255 128 0 10 0 255 0 11 255 255 0 12 0 0 85 13 255 0 85 14 0 128 85 15 255 128 85 16 0 255 85 17 255 255 85 18 0 0 170 19 255 0 170 20 0 128 170 21 255 128 170 22 0 255 170 23 255 255 170 24 0 0 255 25 255 0 255 26 0 128 255 27 255 128 255 28 0 255 255 29 255 255 255 ... The distance between level changes in each channel of the lookup table is determined by the following formulas: multipliers[0] = signof(dimensions[0])*1; multipliers[i] = signof(dimensions[i])* abs(multipliers[i-1]*dimension[i-1]); A negative dimensions[i], so as to a negative multipliers[i], indicates that the values in a color ramp for channel i should appear in decreasing as opposed to increasing order. For each channel i, the values of the levels are determined by the following formulas: double delta = (dataMax - dataMin)/(abs(dimensions[i]) - 1); int levels[j] = (int)(j*delta + 0.5); where dataMax and dataMin are the maximum and minimum values, respectively, for data type intype. Whenever a colorcube is created, if lut != NULL, the lookup table will be filled according to the colorcube and supplied parameters like offset. For the example shown above, the lookup table will start from line 6. In this case, it is the user's responsibility to allocate memory for the lookup table. PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: colormap Internal data structure for image dithering. dimensions Dimensions of the colorcube in the colormap structure. intype Data type of the source image and the lookup table. outtype Data type of the destination indexed image. channels Number of channels of the lookup table and source image. entries Number of entries of the lookup table. offset Index offset of the lookup table. lut Lookup table. RETURN VALUES
The function returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_ImageColorDitherFree(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorErrorDiffusion3x3(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorErrorDiffusionMxN(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorOrdered- Dither8x8(3MLIB), mlib_ImageColorOrderedDitherMxN(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_ImageColorDitherInit(3MLIB)