Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting the data right justified with through awk. Post 302370380 by admax on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 08:19:00 AM
Old 11-11-2009
sorry, that was formatting error.

now i think it looks clear.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping leading spaces on right justified name

I have a name field in a file which is right justified (yep - its true). I need to strip the leading spaces from the field and write the name out left justified. Again, I think I need to use a sed or awk command but so far, my results are at best disappointing. Thank you in advance from a UNIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcia P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Awk data sorting

Hi guys, just started using awk here. I've got a file called a.txt which contains a load of numbers on each line e.g. 35 232 654 1 9 4 I want to learn how to do three things: 1. Find the minimum 2. Find the maximum 3. Find the average I want to learn how to do this using awk.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_a_robot
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Leading Zero with Right Justified and Removing Duplicates

hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have 2 files. It looks like this: File 1: abc1, defg, 50.00, mno,990 abc2, cats, 100.00, pops,991 abc3, dogs, 1.00, treat,992 File 2: 990, airplanes, runway, doctor 991, jets, birds, much 990,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazyhpux
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000 I need to come up with information in below exact format of my data set : Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting left-justified numeric values

I have a file which looks roughly like this: 996 mmmmmmm 996 xxxxxxxxxxxxx 99600 ssssssssss 9964 fffffffffffff and would like to sort it numerically on the first field. I tried: sort -nr --key=1 .... The output I get is: 99600 ssssssssss 9964 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting data - awk or sort or both

data: C812F5C9B 0818053014 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED C812F5C9B 0818054514 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED C812F5C9B 0818060014 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED C812F5C9B 0818061514 P S SYSPROC ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
XvGetPortAttribute(3)						  libXv Functions					     XvGetPortAttribute(3)

NAME
XvGetPortAttribute - return current port attribute value SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGetPortAttribute(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Atom attribute, int p_value); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Specifies the port, associated with the given display, for which the attribute values are to be returned. attribute An atom that identifies the attribute to be queried by this request. Control atoms are obtained using the XInternAtom request with a string from the following table. p_value Pointer to the location where the attribute value is written on return. DESCRIPTION
XvGetPortAttribute(3) returns the current value of the requested port attribute in the integer pointed to by p_value. The attribute is identified using an Atom that equates to the attribute name. The XInternAtom request can be used with one of the strings below to return a matching Atom. ----------------------------------------------------- Attribute String Type Default ----------------------------------------------------- "XV_ENCODING" XvEncodingID Server dependent "XV_HUE" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_SATURATION" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_BRIGHTNESS" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_CONTRAST" [-1000...1000] 0 RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. [BadMatch] Generated if the requested attribute atom does not specify an attribute supported by the adaptor. SEE ALSO
XvSetPortAttribute(3), XvPortNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvGetPortAttribute(3)