Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM) Post 302370348 by uday123 on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 06:54:40 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi,

I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients).

Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server?

Please help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Linux

where to edit yum or rpm packages to update

I am setting up a new server with the goal of porting a solaris server to centos. I want to compile some packages myself (ie) http, ssl, mysql, etc. The reason for this is the downloadable rpm packages are very old. I probably want to make sure the kernel is up to date, but the individual pages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

RPM package installation

Hi, can someone help me with this? How do we apply a new version of s/w package without disrupting the processes & daemons running with the old version? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

5. Fedora

Install RPM package after OS Installation

Hi Guys I want to know whether is it possible to automatically Install a RPM package after installing OS. Basically we have have one rpm package which we want to install as part of OS installation . Please Suggest (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install .rpm file from a directory using yum?

Hello Everybody, I am having a cluster which is not connected to internet. I want to check its performance do I downloaded required packages from the internet and copied them in a particular folder. As per the instructions given at http:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertspade
6 Replies

9. Linux

Difference in binary file sizes after deploying package via yum/rpm

Hi Guys, I have an issue whereby I package up an rpm and when I deploy it, the binary filesizes differ from what I packaged up from the SOURCE directory. from source - -rwxrwxr-x 1 user group 685156 Sep 26 15:50 cybAgent.bin after install - -rwxr-xr-x 1 user group 683388 Oct 16 11:10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5) 					   File Formats 					   YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5)

NAME
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) SYNOPSIS
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) is the configuration file for yum-fs-snapshot(1) Yum plugin for snapshotting your filesystems before running a yum transaction. By default, this plugin will snapshot all filesystems that it is capable of snapshotting. This includes block-level snap- shots using LVM snapshots. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fs-snapshot.conf FILE FORMAT
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) utilizes configuration options in the form of OPTION=VALUE OPTION
exclude This is a space delimited list of the mount points you do not wish to have snapshotted by this plugin. OPTION
create_snapshots_in_post This is a boolean value used to control whether snapshots are also created after running the yum transaction. OPTION - [lvm] section enabled This is a boolean value used to control whether LVM snapshots will be created for filesystems built on LVM logical volumes. OPTION - [lvm] section lvcreate_size_args This is the space delimited lvcreate argument list that is used to specify the size of the snapshot LV. Valid lvcreate size options are -l or -L. If not specified then LVM snapshots will not be created for volumes that are not thinly provisioned. AUTHOR
Josef Bacik <josef@toxicpanda.com> Mike Snitzer <msnitzer@fedoraproject.org> SEE ALSO
yum-fs-snapshot(1) 3 February 2010 YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5)