Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search from file and display
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search from file and display Post 302370245 by jaydeep_sadaria on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 01:11:11 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Search from file and display

Dear all

I had input file as mention below. From that i want op as given below. Kindly let me knw possible ways.

Regards

Jaydeep

CONNECTED bscaaa
<rxmfp:mo=RXOTX-46-5 ;
RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION
MANAGED OBJECT FAULT INFORMATION

MO BTSSWVER
RXOTX-46-5 ERA-G04-R11-V01

RU RUREVISION RUSERIALNO

RUPOSITION RULOGICALID

STATE BLSTATE INTERCNT CONCNT CONERRCNT LASTFLT LFREASON
NOOP BLO 00000

FAULT CODES CLASS 1B
4 25

FAULT CODES CLASS 2B
3 26

END

<

output

BSC MO FAULT CODE CLASS
bscaaa RXOTX-46-5 1B 4 25 2B 3 26

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string and display those NOT found

In my script I read a input file and search all the files in a directory and it's sub-directories for that string using: find . -type f -print | xargs grep $var1 This just displays all the lines the string was found on. Too much data. What I need is to store in a file one time those... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Rihn
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search/replace and display

Hi All: I'm using sed to replace one line in a configuration file. After replacing that line I would like to display to screen that line plus 10 lines above and below the line that was changed... How would I go about doing that?? Here is my search and replace string.... sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search this display these...

Hi i would like to search for a pattern and then prints the 2 lines before the line where the pattern is found. I would also like to apply this in compressed files. Please help me in this. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search from file and display

Dear All I had input file as mention below. Now from that file i want to search string "FAULT CODES CLASS" and want to display contain again its. ( ie. 1B4 --4 is in next line. ). Kindly let me know the possible ways. <rxmfp:mo=RXOTX-46-5 ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in file and display

Dear All I had below mention requirement. Kindly sugguest me possible ways. Thanks Regards Jaydeep IN PUT FILE: CELL BROADCAST SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE MESSAGE DATA ID CODE GS UPDATE MODE LANG MCO MCL NUMPAGES 50 1000 0 13 MML 1 1 TEXT PAGE *999*1# SONGS4U@30/M- 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search name and display column from a file

Hi I have search everywhere for this but I haven't got any result. so here is my question? I am trying to ask user to enter a name and then searching that name from a file and from a specific column. If user enter something, it should only displaying that name from that specific column and If the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sillyha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for file and display by date

I like "ls -ltr". I would like to search for a file in a large directory recursively and and display all the candidates in reverse order. /usr/bin/find . -name \*.txt This works. How do I display the date and sort the file names by the date in reverse order for the entire directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search first file line after Error and display

I have a log file which contains information like below (more than 200 ERROR sets). Here I want to find first .c file and function after "ERROR: AddressSanitizer" line. If you see here after "ERROR:" line first file - asfrecohandling.c function - ASFPotRecoHandling_Create_RecPaxSrvcComp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)