Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Curious cron job question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curious cron job question Post 302370241 by thegeek on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 12:39:28 AM
Old 11-11-2009
completely different time of that day, right?

no, i think so....

that, */30 means 0 and 30, and */3 means 3,6,9,....

hours and min part will not vary, as far as i believe.. you can run a small R&D and confirm the same.

Last edited by thegeek; 11-11-2009 at 03:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job

Hi All , We have few scripts which uses common environment/path setting variables. Now instead of putting classpath , framework,java_home ..... etc. in all the script, can we make a file with all common settings which can be envoked by the scripts while running. If yes , say setting file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

3. Linux

cron job question

I created a cron script that runs on the command line but not in crontab. What could be causing it to not run ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd
5 Replies

4. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job

Hi, How to monitor whether a cron job is running or errored out..?other than checking the process using ps-aef how to enter the cron job which throws the output in 1 file and errors in other file. i remember it can be done using >1 and >2 ..but not sure.. any expert..please help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rujus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curious question? How to put a string into two columns.

Now I have a list of numbers in hand and I try to put the numbers into two columns. Can I do this work with any script? Great thanks to your help! 1A1.log HF=-240.451527 HF=-240.5213996 1A2.log HF=-240.451527 HF=-240.5213996 1B.log HF=-240.4273718 HF=-240.4956636 1C.log... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job question

Hi, I have a cron job that I want to run twice a week, on Tues/Thurs, and I want it to run three times - specifically at 10pm, 11:10pm, and 12:20am respectively. I "think" the way to do this is to run the following: 00,10,20 22,23,00 * * 2,4 MYCOMMAND Just wanted to verify this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
4 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)