Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep for modified time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep for modified time Post 302370239 by thegeek on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 12:27:26 AM
Old 11-11-2009
why not find, when it can do the job very easily ?

Code:
find . -mmin -60

find files which got accessed within last 1 hour ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modified time

How do you change the modified time of a file on UNIX?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frank
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking modified time of files

My problem is with the find command. After looking through the forum I've got - find . -mtime 2 -name "*" which gives me a list of all the files modified in the last 2 days. How do I change this to list files modified in the last 2 hours? Sorry if this question is already on the forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: am97395331
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting last accessed and modified time together

actually, i'm making an Intrusion Detection System for education purpose (for project) using Bourne shell. The problem I get in that is:- 1. My application should check if there's some modification or alteration in the directory. 2, For that thing, I need to have every attribute of file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raku05
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Time Modified Issue Please Assist

I am trying to periodically check that the environment variables have not been changed on a HP-UX server. This was going to be easy except I ran into the odd circumstance of having two files that should be created equally be created differently when one is created by command line and the other is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting modified time & filename only

Hi, When we use "ls -l" we are getting like below, -rw-r--r-- 1 mdskl mds 4161479 Apr 12 14:57 VTTF2008.20080412145748.cc But i need only modified time and filename only like below, Apr 12 14:57 VTTF3008.20080412145748.cc Thanks-:) Senthil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_seera
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing modified time

How to change the modified time of a file to any specified time. ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 2 pipe pipe 4096 Jun 10 10:33 coredump_06062008 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- here file coredump_06062008 last modified time is Jun 10 10:33 and i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep for modified time

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: is it possible to come up with a list of files that are modified before a certain number of hours only using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momo.reina
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg file modified time

Hi, I have modified one file today. So if i give `ls -lrt filename` command it will show the current modified time. But i wanted to know what is the previous modified time for this file Is there any way to find this Thanks, Puni (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop to check the time modified

Hi Frnds, i have a folder test in which files generated daily how to chek the files that are modified on that day as a condition for ex, if then echo "i have got something to do with the file" else echo" sorry" fi i will have more than 3 to 4 files that are modified today. and if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
5 Replies
LEAVE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  LEAVE(1)

NAME
leave -- remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
leave [[+]hhmm] DESCRIPTION
leave waits until the specified time (within the next 12 hours), then reminds you that you have to leave by writing to the TTY that you exe- cuted leave on. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, leave exits just before it would have printed the next message. OPTIONS
hhmm The time of day is in the form hhmm where hh is a time in hours (on a 12 or 24 hour clock), and mm are minutes. However, all times are converted to a 12 hour clock, and assumed to be in the next 12 hours. An attempt to set an alarm for farther into the future will be truncated to within the next 12 hours. + If the time is preceded by '+', the alarm will go off in hours and minutes from the current time. If no argument is given, leave prompts with "When do you have to leave?" A reply of newline causes leave to exit, otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a ~/.login or ~/.profile. SEE ALSO
calendar(1), csh(1), sh(1) HISTORY
The leave command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
In the modern age with X(1) and window multiplexing programs like window(1) and screen(1), the leave command's reminders and admonitions might not be seen if the user has the window where leave was started minimized or obscured. This all begs for a more general user notifications system to be implemented. BSD
January 19, 2002 BSD