Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting Data - CSV
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting Data - CSV Post 302370226 by dinjo_jo on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 08:54:08 PM
Old 11-10-2009
Formatting Data - CSV

I want to check whether if any column data has any + , - , = prefixed to it then convert it in such a form that in excel its not read as formula.

Code:
echo "$DATA"  | awk 'BEGIN { OFS="," } -F" " {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8.$9,$10,$11,$12}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting a csv file

Hi, Can anyone help me format a csv file. My csv file have 6 columns. the last 2 columns were put on the second row. Here is the sample output: 000584, 200829014,30,PAPER, 4200059000,'DIXIE BOWLS HEAVY DUTY DISPOSABLE 10 OZ 1. How can I put the last 2 columns in the first row,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV formatting with prefixing, appending and padding field

Hi I have a very large csv file with some hundreds of thousands of rows of data. The data is in the following format: Up to four alpha numeric characters for the first word. This is either set as 2 characters followed by 2 spaces, or as a single 4character word. This is then followed by an 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meself
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file horizontal formatting

Hi folks, Please help me with csv file formatting which needs to be done in horizontal fashion. I have data coming in separate files every hour. What I need to do is extract three values into csv file. In the next hour, I need to extract the new values beside the three values which were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vharsha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting csv file in Unix script

Hi, Am using the following command to create a csv file paste File_1.csv File_4.csv File_7.csv >Out1.csv paste File_2.csv File_5.csv File_8.csv >>Out1.csv paste File_3.csv File_4.csv File_9.csv >>Out1.csv Input Data: Expected Output: Column 1 Column 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting csv file

Hello I wrote a perl script to output a text file filled with ip addresses and ports that i scanned into microsoft excel. Now that the data is in excel my boss wants me to organize the file in csv format such as Server,port,protocol,random,random,random ns1,25,tcp,stuff,stuff,stuff Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingbp
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a .csv file

Dear friends, please your help. I got a .csv (comma separated values) file with 61 columns I need to make a script to change the original file into a new one with this actions: Delete Columns: 1,13-20 Change the format of the following columns: 2: '2013-11-07 00:00:00' to '07/11/2013 0:00'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestatyela
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data formatting in CSV file to EXCEL

Hello friends I want to convert an csv file on unix (which is generated by a ETL application) to a formatted excel sheet like .I have roughly like 28 columns 1)All numbers need to be stored as numbers with leading zeros-like format as text for this column to preserve leading zeroes e.g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)