Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc Post 302370212 by danpaluska on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 07:07:22 PM
Old 11-10-2009
USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux?
usb video capture - Google Product Search

would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported...
i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink Wiki - FrontPage but haven't found any specific mentions of any of these video capture devices.

any tips?

thanks,
dan

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question about video capture example

Hi,all From the v4l api page http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/,there is a capture.c. someone says" this application is support ntsc camera,but I don't know why it support ntsc by default Any ideas? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

2. Programming

usb real time video storage

Hi, Am working on an embedded device with a camera and I would want to send the video data it streams to a usb device connected to it. Am using the c language and of course Linux (Fedora). Any help and suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THSstd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu

I am interested in doing some heavy video work. I have a ADVC 110 Video capture device, which I am using to capture VHS video tapes, which I will convert on the server to DVD format and burn to DVD's using DVD production software. I will also take the captured video file and split it up in parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)