Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Snoop
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP Snoop Post 302370133 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 01:08:17 PM
Old 11-10-2009
There is a "snoop" for Linux but it is for snooping tty's and file descriptors, rather a different beast, hence my suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Super snoop (if it exists)

I am currently using 'snoop -t a -d hme0 blah blah' to get a line by line summary of packets sent and recieved at that interface, Is there any way I can get more detailed information/log on each packet, somebody told me there was another program that did this any help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snoop equivalent

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? HPUX, SCO or linux. TIA Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop equivalent for AIX

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? for AIX IBM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcasares
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Snoop Functions

Hello! It is my first post in this forum :). I`m facing a strange issue. I am using a Solaris 8 as OS, and using the ipnat (ipf) to NAT an incoming port to another, as following: Host SUN with Solaris 8/NAT WEB Page (A.B.C.D:80) ---> |A.B.C.D:80 ->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mf_lattanzi
0 Replies

5. Solaris

snoop command

Hi. I'm trying to capture traffic with the snoop command using the net expression but I fail when a I've to specify a subnet ex: 10.201.64/18 Did you know the correct syntax? I've tried with snoop -ta -x0 net 10.201.64.0 255.255.192.0 but doesn't match. Thnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurtolo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snoop Script

Hi, I want to write a script that checks an interface with the snoop command, if there is no traffic in 10 minutes on port 123 from the ip add 10.*.*.* it should send a e-mail.but i don't know how to start writing this script does anybody have an idea or an sample script that i can modifi. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Snoop perl script

Hi , I would like to write a perl script with the snoop command to capture packets from a specific IP address to a node (incoming packets) and packets from that node for the same session to another node and save the capture to a file. I would like my script to be able to read my IP all the time... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Export snoop file from an ftp server to a windows pc

Hi, I have a snoop file that I captured on a solaris machine. I ftp'd it to ftp server. How can I export this snoop file from the solaris machine or the ftp server to a windows PC so I can load it to wireshark and analyze it? Thanks, (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse snoop output

Hi all, Is it possible to create an script that parse an snoop output similar to the example above ? Each line is ended by "$" (set list in vi). as a result, I would like to print the output in only one line. can someone give me some tip ? Thanks a lot .:) l version="1.0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)