Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing variable between servers Post 302370062 by temhem on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 10:13:03 AM
Old 11-10-2009
Good idea,
sorry what is SCP? Smilie, do you mean FTP with SCP ?

---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:24 AM ----------

WHAT is SCP? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing C Variable To Unix

I want to pass a variable set in my c program to a shell script (which will also be invoked or initiated from the same C program using the C's system command). Is it possible ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable passing

Hi, If a script A(Parent) is running and script B(child) is run from script A, will the variables in script A be past to script B? Will the variables exist only for the duration of running the script? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whugo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to perl

I need a non-perl (bash) way to strip the path from a list of "find" results. Below is the perl version which I could use, if I could figure out how to call the script with a variable (like in sh, $1 is the variable passed in ./script variable) $file = "/path/to/file.txt"; # How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variable inside another variable.

Any help would be great. I know this is a dumb way of doing this, but I would like to know if there is a solution doing it this way. I'm very new at this and I'd like to learn more. Thanks! :D:D count=0 while ; do echo "enter your name" read name_$count let count=count+1 done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reconflux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable in sed

Dear All, I want to print a file. First I tried with this sed '2q;d' filename it worked. But when i put following it is not working x=2; sed '$xq;d' filename Would any one suggest how to pass the variable? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable with *

Hi Folks, I would like to pass a variable with a wild card in an argument. My script works if I don't use a wildcard but fails when I use *. I want to use the script like: scriptname -F <filename*> @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#argv}) switch ($argv) case -F: set j = `echo $i +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing dynamic variable within another variable.

I have a small program which needs to pass variable dynamically to form the name of a second variable whose value wil be passed on to a third variable. ***************** Program Start ****************** LOC1=/loc1 PAT1IN=/loc2 PAT2IN=/loc3 if ; then for fpattern in `cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyril Jos
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing value of a variable in sed

Hi, I want to pass value of a variable track_line which is the line number to sed. Sed should print the lines starting from track_line till the last line of the file. I tried the below command but it is not working. sed -n '${track_line},$p' latest_log_file I tried using the below too but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinupadhyaya8
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
CURLOPT_SSH_AUTH_TYPES(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					 CURLOPT_SSH_AUTH_TYPES(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_SSH_AUTH_TYPES - set desired auth types for SFTP and SCP SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_SSH_AUTH_TYPES, long bitmask); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long set to a bitmask consisting of one or more of CURLSSH_AUTH_PUBLICKEY, CURLSSH_AUTH_PASSWORD, CURLSSH_AUTH_HOST, CURLSSH_AUTH_KEYBOARD and CURLSSH_AUTH_AGENT. Set CURLSSH_AUTH_ANY to let libcurl pick a suitable one. Currently CURLSSH_AUTH_HOST has no effect. If CURLSSH_AUTH_AGENT is used, libcurl attempts to connect to ssh-agent or pageant and let the agent attempt the authentication. DEFAULT
None PROTOCOLS
SFTP and SCP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
CURLSSH_AUTH_HOST was added in 7.16.1, CURLSSH_AUTH_AGENT was added in 7.28.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_SSH_HOST_PUBLIC_KEY_MD5(3), CURLOPT_SSH_PUBLIC_KEYFILE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_SSH_AUTH_TYPES(3)