Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need opinions about scripting blackouts Post 302370055 by aigles on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 09:03:36 AM
Old 11-10-2009
Something like that :
Code:
BLACKOUT_START=`grep -i "$ORACLE_SID" $INIFILE | cut -d":" -f3`
BLACKOUT_END=`grep -i "$ORACLE_SID" $INIFILE | cut -d":" -f4`
CURRENT_HOUR=`date +%H`

CHECK_BASE=YES
if (( BLACKOUT_START > BLACKOUT_END ))
then
   (( CURRENT_HOUR >= BLACKOUT_START ||  CURRENT_HOUR <= BLACKOUT_END )) && CHECK_BASE=
else
   (( CURRENT_HOUR >= BLACKOUT_START &&  CURRENT_HOUR <= BLACKOUT_END )) && CHECK_BASE=
fi

if [ -n "$CHECK_BASE" ]
then
   : Check database
fi

Jean-Pierre.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Runaway process. Opinions needed

not too long ago, i wrote a very short script that will bring up 4 customized xterms. The script went completely abnormal simply because of an error I had made in a while loop. This script took control of the system and rendered everything useless. The system admin team which i was part of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinions on memory increase

We are trying to tune a server which phsycially is maxed out on cpu. We are maxing out on memory and swapping at a rate of 20-43% of our swap space which is approx 45% of total ram. We "can" upgrade to twice the memory that we currently have but it will be costly as there are no more seats... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinions on db operating systems Wanted

I am interested in hearing anyones opinions on what OS they would choose to run a MySQl db and the reasons why, of course. I have a task to build a db server for a project that will be very busy if things work as the creative minds think that it will. I am running a FreeBSD box right now on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smtpgeek
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions needed

I'm currently developing a script to clean out certain directories based on age and name. Part of the assignment is to ensure that the cleaning of a directory is done under the user id of the owner (script is running as root). I have a few ideas on how to do this, but I'd like to hear your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)