Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Status of FTP Put command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Status of FTP Put command Post 302370050 by TonyLawrence on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 08:52:03 AM
Old 11-10-2009
I think you should be using Perl Net::FTP. This lets you know whether commands succeeded or failed and take action on that knowledge.

See simple examples at my Perl Net::FTP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Status

When performing an FTP, does anyone know how to return the commands (i.e. 250) to see if it was successful? ftp -n XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <<- eof User Pswd cd xxx/xxxx/xxx bin mput * quit eof Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvprod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect Exit Status Returned from FTP command - Help??

I am trying to perform some error handing within a Korn sheel script whilst FTPing a file from one server to another.. The exit status is correctly set to zero, if my script connects to the other server and sends the file.. However, if for whatever reason other than a timeout the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Put fails during FTP

Hi All, I am facing a while i use mput to the server. Actually i have data on client machine which is windows XP. The data is near to 1GB. I have zipped the data. I can ftp and connect to Server(Which has Fedora 4 running). but when i do mput *.zip it gives an error. I tried to put in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.kudreka
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Ftp cannot put file larger than 64kb

Hi gurus, I have a problem with ftp access. The first 2 test e.g. Test A & Test B was successful with the file size 64kb (800++ numbers). The third test with file size 120kb was failed. The error is "Netout :Connection reset by peer". No password entered manually since the test run from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive ftp get/put

Hi All, I'm trying to get this to work but when I execute it I get the following error ./ftp_upload.sh: line 78: syntax error: unexpected end of file. This was working before I expanded the script and had the here document part directly below within a function. Can anyone spot what I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenm
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP put command problem

Hello,I am trying to put something on the ftp server using the put command. Whenever I try, I get this error: ftp> put SIMS.war local: SIMS.war remote: SIMS.war 200 PORT command successful 553 Can't open that file: Permission denied I have set rwx for all on that file and I still am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hebrew character convert error while put thru ftp

Hi all , i have a script which cp xml files from linux to other server thru ftp my xml file contains charcters in hebrew . my script is #!/bin/bash HOST="....." USER="....." PASSWORD="..." cd /usr2/app/naama/ filelist='find . -mmin -60 | tail -n +2 | awk -F "/" '{print $2}' | grep xml'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
pm::Loudmouth(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					pm::Loudmouth(3pm)

NAME
Net::Jabber::Loudmouth - Perl interface for the loudmouth jabber library SYNOPSIS
use Net::Jabber::Loudmouth; my $connection = Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Connection->new("server"); $connection->open_and_block(); $connection->authenticate_and_block("username", "password", "resource"); my $m = Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Message->new("recipient", 'message'); $m->get_node->add_child("body", "message"); $connection->send($m); DESCRIPTION
Net::Jabber::Loudmouth is a perl interface for libloudmouth, Lightweight C Jabber library. It allows you to do the same stuff with Net::Jabber, but with a nicer interface and much faster, because most of the code is written in C. FUNCTIONS
Net::Jabber::Loudmouth only contains two functions. Other functionality can be found in Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::*. default_port Net::Jabber::Loudmouth->default_port() Returns the default port which will be used for every connection. default_port_ssl Net::Jabber::Loudmouth->default_port_ssl() Returns the default ssl port. Use $connection->set_port(Net::Jabber::Loudmouth->default_port_ssl()) to tell a connection to use the ssl port. See Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Connection. SEE ALSO
Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Connection, Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Message, Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::MessageHandler, Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::MessageNode, Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::SSL, Net::Jabber::Loudmouth::Proxy AUTHOR
Florian Ragwitz, <rafl@debian.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005 by Florian Ragwitz This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2006-03-12 pm::Loudmouth(3pm)