Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace exact word with blank Post 302370012 by lavnayas on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 06:52:41 AM
Old 11-10-2009
thanks a lot.

it worked Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exact string match in a word

Hi all, Is anyone able to help with the following query? I have an input file with several lines of words, e.g. "hellolaylahello" "hellohellohellolayla" I want to search for the exact string "hello" in each line and display: 2 "hellolaylahello" 3 "hellohellohellolayla" I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact Word Match

I'm trying to find a exact word match but couldn't do it. ABC ABC_NE Searching for ABC_NE tried grep -w </ABC_NE/> grep "^ABC_NE$" but didn't worked , any awk variants would also help. ---------- Post updated at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:48 AM ---------- I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching exact string with blank space using grep

hi! i'm trying to get grep to do an exact match for the following pattern but..it's not quite working. I'm not too sure where did I get it wrong. any input is appreciated. echo "$VAR" | grep -q '^test:]name' if ; then printf "test name is not found \n" fi on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzaddict
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Exact word

This may be stupid question but not able to solve it. How to grep exact word and line along with it. TEST:/u00/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/TEST:N TEST2:/u00/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/ODS:N TEST3:/u00/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/TEST:N TEST4:/u00/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/ODS:N... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exact word in awk?

Hi, i have a file that contains the following: ARTPRD01_app = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 11.222.3.4)(PORT = 1540)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = artprd01.com) ARTPRD01 = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 11.223.3.1)(PORT =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take exact word from output.?

Hi i am writing and i want to take very first word "A924A5FC"from the below o/p A924A5FC 0910055313 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED A924A5FC 0908091913 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED A924A5FC 0906090313 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify exact text and then add a blank line above it using sed?

I need to identify the exact text of San Antonio Generator Running in the output my script which lands to a text file. Once SED finds the specific text, I need it to insert one line above the matched text. Here is what I have so far that isn't working all that well for me. Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace exact word by perl

my inputfile: This is a test and only a test for production - prod. echo "This is a test and only a test for production - prod" | perl -pi -e 's/prod/test/g' outputfile: This is a test and only a test for testuction - test I only want to replace prod, not production. I also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loktamann
3 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)