Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gethostbyname failed
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions gethostbyname failed Post 302369984 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 05:29:27 AM
Old 11-10-2009
If you get into cmd.exe can nslookup return the value?

What I'm asking is: does the windows box dns server resolve the hostname? - so windows can get it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

g++ is OK while gcc is failed

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(void) { cout << "hello" << endl; return 0; } I tried this: 1) g++ test.cpp -o test // It's OK 2) gcc test.cpp -o test // Failed /tmp/ccriZviL.o(.text+0x14): In function `main': : undefined reference to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

2. Solaris

mirror failed

i am working in sun solaris unix platform with storage device T3+ i got an error message mirror failed i have telneted to the storage and gave the command format it gives disk not available , i have shifted my storage from node A to node B then i gave the same command format by telneting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
0 Replies

3. Programming

regarding gethostbyname()

iam using gethostbyname for verifing whether net is active or not it's work fine but how it's work i mean whether it is using ping or sending socket, who it determining the internet . thank u in advance sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok. I've have looked and failed.

What I want seems to me should be simple but so am I so.... I have a Unix server that is running a program we will say logged in as UserA. The program is outputting a bunch of stuff to the terminal. I would like to log in from my machine to the server as Either UserA, UserB or if needed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dishevel
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Failed Drive

I am trying to recover data off a drive that failed in my iMac. Apple returned the drive to me and I purchased a hard drive enclosure. I have been doing research on prices for data recovery services, way too expensive. I seen some links using Unix DD commands in the terminal none of which worked.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KJ1906
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name

As we are facing issue with this server connection. The error is: The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name. how can i check if the server "server1" is able to resolve the client hostname (hosts / dns)? i can ping the client from server. any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP failed

Hi All, We are using the following step to place a file in server using FTP STEP_EXECUTE STEP090 /usr/pjc/bin/FTP -i DATASET FTPIN $sic/ctl/ftpsic.ctl DISP=OLD,KEEP,KEEP STEP_END If we run this step we are getting the error. ftp> open arg.mnd.appsc.com Connected to arg.mnd.appsc.com.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Failed to su to user

I am unable to su to functional user, though changed the soft-hard limit for open files in limits.conf. The following command did not help.ulimit -n <value>While su to user, the error I am getting is -su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailableWhether I need to restart the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
1 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)														XUnmapWindow(3X11)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNOPSIS
XUnmapWindow(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XUnmapSubwindows(display, w) Display *display; Window w; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XRaiseWindow(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XUnmapWindow(3X11)