Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help me reformat this file Post 302369874 by summer_cherry on Monday 9th of November 2009 10:14:53 PM
Old 11-09-2009
Code:
awk '{if(tmp=="")
          tmp=$3
      if($3!=tmp)
      {
          print "1.00000E+030 1.00000E+00 1.00000E+030"
          tmp=$3
      }
      print $0
}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat the file

Hi all, I ran into this problem, hope you can help I have a text file like this: Spriden ID First Name Last Name Term Code Detail Code Amount Trans Date Description ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat Crontab file

I need help writing a script that will reformat a crontab file. The first thing the script is doing is a crontab -l > crontab.txt. I need the crontab.txt file to read "8.00 PM every weekday (Mon-Fri) only in Oct." instead of the orig format "0 20 * 10 1-5" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnita
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat the data of a file.

I have a file which have data like A.txt a 1Jan I am in a1. 1Jan I was born. 2Jan I am here. 3Jan I am in a3. b 1Jan I am in b1. c 2Jan I am in c2. d 2Jan I am in d2. 5jan I am in d5. date in the file might be vary evertime. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samkhu
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat a file

I have a csv file with 11 columns. The first columns contains the User Id. One User id can have multiple sub Id. The value of Sub Id is in column 10. 100026,captjason@hawaii.rr.com ,jason ,wolford ,1/16/1969, ,US, ,96761 ,15 ,seg_id 100026,captjason@hawaii.rr.com ,jason ,wolford ,1/16/1969,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat file using nawk

Hi all, I have a file with records that look something like this, "Transaction ID",Date,Email,"Card Type",Amount,"NETBANX Ref","Root Ref","Transaction Type","Merchant Ref",Status,"Interface ID","Interface Name","User ID" nnnnnnnnn,"21 Nov 2011 00:10:47",someone@hotmail.co.uk,"Visa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazedandconfuse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Major File Reformat

Hello, I have many lengthy files that need to be reformatted. I was hoping a sed or awk script could fix this. Here is an example of the original format: P0037 # Degree: 32.999981 # COMMAND: 03 (#01A) Scale 1.296875, 52 (Wooden Crate w/ #2 Label, Bahko) v -3328.000000 12.101541 437.000000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue Solo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reformat file

Hello: When I tried a perl-oneliner to re-format fasta file. infile.fasta >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter CCACACCACACCCACACACC ACACCACACCCACACACACA ACAGCCCTAATCTAACCC >YAL068C-7235.2170 Putative ABC sequence TACGAGAATAATTT ACGTAAATGAAGTT TATATATAAA >gi|31044174|gb|AY143560.1|... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] File reformat

I am using the code below to reformat the input (hp.txt). The output (newhp.txt) is not in the desired format and I can not seem to figure it out. I have attached both. Thank you. perl -aF/\\t/ -lne 'print join(" ",@F) for ("0 A","0 G","0 C","0 T","A 0","G 0","C 0","T 0")' hp.txt > newhp.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat csv file

Hi, I have a csv file with content like: 1,0,100 1,1,150 2,0,200 2,1,250 3,0,300 3,1,350 I want an output such that all numbers in 3rd col where 2nd col is "0" come in the same col in the output. The same goes for numbers where 2nd col is "1". 1 100 150 2 200 250 3 300 350 Tnx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamaje
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat output if input file is empty, but not if file has data in it

The below awk improved bu @MadeInGermany, works great as long as the input file has data in it in the below format: input chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 631 18 chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 632 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
       git-sh-setup - Common Git shell script setup code

SYNOPSIS
       . "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup"

DESCRIPTION
       This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish
       scripts and/or are writing new ones.

The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal Git
       directories and a few helper shell functions.

Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage()
       shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not).

The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment.

FUNCTIONS
       die
	   exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream.

usage
	   die with the usage message.

set_reflog_action
	   Set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION environment to a given string (typically the name of the program) unless it is already set. Whenever the script
	   runs a git command that updates refs, a reflog entry is created using the value of this string to leave the record of what command
	   updated the ref.

git_editor
	   runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified
	   and the terminal is dumb.

is_bare_repository
	   outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated
	   working tree).

cd_to_toplevel
	   runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree.

require_work_tree
	   checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies.

require_work_tree_exists
	   checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which
	   is impossible to do if there is no working tree.

require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>]
	   checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits
	   an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example:

require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them."

get_author_ident_from_commit
	   outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit.

create_virtual_base
	   modifies the first file so only lines in common with the second file remain. If there is insufficient common material, then the first
	   file is left empty. The result is suitable as a virtual base input for a 3-way merge.

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)