Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing Post 302369822 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 9th of November 2009 05:41:44 PM
Old 11-09-2009
2GBytes of memory is ample.

What does the contents of rules file and the sysidcfg file being used on the JumpStart server look like?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation over WAN using jumpstart

I am trying to install Solaris 10 OS using jumpstart over WAN. I have configured the jumpstart server with apache server and created all the necessary configurations and files. When i WAN boot my target machine, it gets booted using wanboot, it downloads the miniroot from the jumpstart server, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Flash installation with Jumpstart

I get following error while doing a flash installation. I 'm trying to deploy a flash archive created by our engineering team. I 'm trying to install it with ZFS root and the profile which i using is as following #more flash_profile_test install_type flash_install archive_location nfs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart Installation from X86 machine

Hi friends , i have on ultra 10 Sparc machine . Due to some problem my OS is fully corrupted , so i am planning to install again but my problem is the cd drive in Ultra 10 machine is not working. Now i am planning to use Jumpstart installation method to install my server. But i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Could not start installation using jumpstart

hello I created a boot server and tryed to run intstall with jumpstart on other solaris server, but jumpstart coudn't starts, only text-based install. sysidcfg and rules file are in the same shared folder, rules file has only one string any - - any_profile - and thta't all. also I created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
2 Replies

7. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies
AMPLE.CONF(5)							    User Manual 						     AMPLE.CONF(5)

NAME
ample.conf - configuration file for Ample DESCRIPTION
This file, by default /etc/ample/ample.conf, is read by Ample at startup. There are three categories of values than can be defined: strings, numbers and boolean values. Valid boolean values are (case insensitive) yes, no, true and false. Lines that start with # are con- sidered to be comments and ignored. EXAMPLE
# An example of a Ample config file # # Port number to use port = 1234 # Should files be ordered when playing a mixed stream? order = true # Amount of simultaneous clients allowed clients = 5 # Path to logfile if syslog isn't used logfile = /var/log/ample # Path(s) to MP3 dir/file or M3U file mp3path = /home/mp3 mp3path = /home/moremp3/zztop.mp3 mp3path = /home/favourites.m3u # Path to the HTML file to use as a template htmlfile = /etc/ample.html # Should the MP3 dir(s) be recursively scanned? recursive = true # Name of the server # (displayed to clients here and there) servername = Ample # Address of the server # (only if your server can't be resolved) serveraddress = 192.168.0.1 # Username and password, if these are specified, Ample # will automatically ask for username/password username = MusicLover password = Pekaboo # Filter to pass each music file through # (before they are sent to the client) filter = /usr/bin/lame -b64 --quiet "@FPATH@" - # The end OPTIONS
port=NUM Listen to TCP port NUM, default is 1234. order=BOOL When a list of files is requested, and this option is TRUE, play them in alphabetical order. clients=NUM Allow a maximum of NUM clients to be connected at the same time. logfile=FILE Use FILE as logfile if syslogd(8) isn't used. mp3path=PATH These are path(s) to files or directories that Ample can use to populate it's list of MP3's. If PATH is a directory, all files (pos- sibly recursively, see the -n option above) will be added. If PATH is a regular file ending with .mp3 it will be added and if it is a regular file ending with .m3u (MP3 playlist) the files listed in it will be added. You can specify several paths by adding several mp3path=PATH lines to this config file. htmlfile=FILE This is the path to the file which Ample should use as it's base for creating HTML pages. See ample.html(5) for more information. recursive=BOOL If TRUE, all directories that Ample index:es will be scanned recursively (meaning that all subdirs will be checked for files as well) servername=STRING The name of the server will be set to STRING instead of "Ample" (the servername is displayed to clients in various places). serveraddress=STRING STRING should be the IP address of the server where Ample is run. This is only needed if DNS resolving your server, for some reason, doesn't work. username=STRING If both username and password is specified in the config file, HTTP authentication will be enabled. This means that if a client wants to connect to ample, it must do so with a username and password in order to be granted acccess. If username or password is missing, HTTP authentication will be disabled. password=STRING See the description of username above. filter=STRING Specifies an optional filter to run each file through before it is sent to the client. As an example, this could be used to down- grade the bitrate of a music file if you have a lousy net connection but lots of CPU cycles to spare. If STRING contains the word @FPATH@ it will be replaced with the absolute path of the file. AUTHOR
David Hardeman <david@2gen.com> SEE ALSO
ample(1), ample.html(5) Ample JANUARY 2002 AMPLE.CONF(5)