Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for Logging into the Website Post 302369816 by TonyLawrence on Monday 9th of November 2009 05:01:59 PM
Old 11-09-2009
You mean you want to script the session.

Look at "expect"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script error logging

Hi, I am writing a shell script (ksh, solaris 5.8). Script is X.sh variables declared: LOGFILE=X.log the script is removing a file: /usr/bin/rm "$DUMP_FILE1".Z >> $LOGFILE If I kick off the script from the command line as follows: ./X.sh > X.con 2<& 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niamh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging in Shell script

How to I write to a log file all the output that is displaying on the screen? with time stamp. thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a script running even with the shell logging out

Hi all, I wish to have a script running even if my session is disconnected. I've tried calling another session within it and using sudo to a different user, but it didn't work - as it was expected to do so :rolleyes: I guess I'll have to work with "nohup" command, right ? trying with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging OWB mapping execution in Shell script

Hi, I am executing a OWB mapping from a shell script like this $OWB_SQLPLUS MY_WAREHOUSE plsql MY_MAPPING "," "," I want to log this mapping execution process into a file. Please let me know if this will work: $OWB_SQLPLUS MY_WAREHOUSE plsql MY_MAPPING "," "," >> LOGFIL.log I will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging into oracle or SQL from shell script

Hi, I have a shell script where I log on to sqlplus like this log() { sqlplus -s scott/tiger <<! select count(*) from EMP; ! } log Here I have hardcoded/used the username : scott and password : tiger directly to log on to SQLPLUS. If i have my log in information in my profile file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manirsendhil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I check using shell-script if a website is available / responding?

Hi, Could someone please help. How do I verify using a shell script whether a website URL is available? It's roughly the URL equivalent of ping <servername> or tnsping <Oracle database name>? I hope this is enough information - please let me know if it's not. Many thanks, Neil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil_mw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script logging via Shell script

Hello I wrote a nice Perl script that is intended to find and copy some files when getting a TERM signal. Now I wanted to make a shell script that starts/restarts the Perl script if it crashes/ends because of errors and make a log of all output the Perl Script gives. The problem is that it won't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: al0x
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Perl script logging via Shell script

Hello I wrote a nice Perl script that is intended to find and copy some files when getting a TERM signal. Now I wanted to make a shell script that starts/restarts the Perl script if it crashes/ends because of errors and make a log of all output the Perl Script gives. The problem is that it won't... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for multiple logging

Hi All, I am preparing a script which executes following things: 1) Logs into 8 cluster one by one. 2) After logging into each cluster,it prints the cluster name & then exit from that cluster. 3) Then it logs to next cluster & peform the same task. Here is what i have written : for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable logging from within the shell script

Bash on Oracle Linux 6.3 I have a shell script whose output I want to redict to a log file. So, I can simply redirect the output as shown below. # cat myscript.sh #### I actually want some logging mechanism here which will redirect the output to a log file echo 'hello world' #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-START(1)					      General Commands Manual					      FVWM-THEMES-START(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-start - FVWM Themes starter SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-start [ --session|-s name ] [ --no-start|-n ] [ --fvwm-exe|-e ] [ -- fvwm-args ] DESCRIPTION
This script runs fvwm with FVWM Themes. It should be run under X. Put a call to this script as the last line of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. OPTIONS
--session name - name of the FVWM Themes session. By default it is "main". This allows to have and run different FVWM Themes configuration. --no-start - do not start fvwm, just do preparation for starting it. This is useful to start FVWM Themes with a session manager, see FAQ. --fvwm-exe - changes the default executable, which is fvwm or whatever fvwm-config --fvwm-exe returns. -- everything after -- is passed to FVWM. See the fvwm(1) man page for the fvwm options. EXAMPLES
Most users just should put: fvwm-themes-start as the last line of their .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. If you want to use FVWM Themes with a real session manager, say GNOME, you need to use the --no-start option and put: fvwm-themes-start --no-start gnome-session as the last lines of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. The session option allows to use FVWM Themes with different configura- tions. Say, you want to use 3 different configurations under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is false, under gnome-session and under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is true. Then, your .xinitrc/.xsession file may look as follows (where $1 is the "first" argument given by startx, or by kdm or gdm ...): ... case $1 in fvwm) if FOO; Then fvwm-themes-start --session special else fvwm-themes-start fi ;; gnome) fvwm-themes-start --session gnome --no-start gnome-session ;; ... other cases ... esac Note that with most session managers (e.g., GNOME or XSM) it is preferable to give "fvwm -f themes-rc" as the starting window manager com- mand in the session manager. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm-themes itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net. Fvwm Utility 15/Aug/2000 FVWM-THEMES-START(1)