Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Corrupted Download with Net::FTP (perl) Post 302369778 by Scrutinizer on Monday 9th of November 2009 02:15:10 PM
Old 11-09-2009
Did you select "binary mode" for the transfer (instead of ascii)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl + Net::FTP::Recursive

Problem: It will not advance to the next user in the list. It always dies right after it sends the 2/2 files from the first users dir. $USERLIST="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/userlist"; $USER_DIR="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/homes";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same time ftp download in perl multiple sites.

I currently have a perl script that have to retreive a single file from 20+ sites every 10 min. Right now it will ftp to site1 and download and continue up until site20. I am trying to get this to run all the ftp d/l at the same time. This is where I have my problem, I can't get it to work. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofs79
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::Ftp in perl

I am trying to execute a script in another server, i used Net::Ftp module How to execute unix command in another server by using Net::Ftp module.. #!/usr/bin.perl ### Perl script to $ftp->login($user_name,'password') or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Net::FTP issue

Wondering if anyone can help or advise on following issue. The below script should simply connect to a different server and retrieve certain files for me. use lib "/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx"; use Net::FTP; my $directory = "xxxxxxxx"; my $destinationDir = "xxxxxxxxx"; my $filePrefix =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meevagh
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

WinRAR files are corrupted after FTP

In my Windows 2003 server machine I have a winrar or winzip file that i around 3GB. This zip/rar file is ftped to a unix mahine (HPUX) . FTP is successful. But when it get this file to check if its has been ftped correctly, the file is corrupted. Is there something wrong that i am doing while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maroli
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get the size of remote file using Net::FTP Perl Script

Hi, I am using below piece of code to get the size of the remote file. $ftp->cwd($destination) or $error=$ftp->message; if(!$error) { $ftp->put($file) or $error=$ftp->message; print "FTP size = \n"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FarooqOnline
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : corrupted excelsheet while trying to open

Hi folks, I am trying to send the mail with spreadsheet attachment in perl.I am able to send the mail with xlsx attachment as well but not able to open the xlsx sheet.While opening the sheet I am receiving the corrupted message. Below is the code. use MIME::Lite; use Net::SMTP; ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies
TFTP(1) 							   User's Manual							   TFTP(1)

NAME
tftp - IPv4 Trivial File Transfer Protocol client SYNOPSIS
tftp [ options... ] [host [port]] [-c command] DESCRIPTION
tftp is a client for the Trivial file Transfer Protocol, which can be used to transfer files to and from remote machines, including some very minimalistic, usually embedded, systems. The remote host may be specified on the command line, in which case tftp uses host as the default host for future transfers (see the connect command below.) OPTIONS
-4 Connect with IPv4 only, even if IPv6 support was compiled in. -6 Connect with IPv6 only, if compiled in. -c command Execute command as if it had been entered on the tftp prompt. Must be specified last on the command line. -l Default to literal mode. Used to avoid special processing of ':' in a file name. -m mode Set the default transfer mode to mode. This is usually used with -c. -R port:port Force the originating port number to be in the specified range of port numbers. -v Default to verbose mode. -V Print the version number and configuration to standard output, then exit gracefully. COMMANDS
Once tftp is running, it issues the prompt tftp> and recognizes the following commands: ? command-name... help command-name... Print help information ascii Shorthand for mode ascii. binary Shorthand for mode binary. connect host [port] Set the host (and optionally port) for transfers. Note that the TFTP protocol, unlike the FTP protocol, does not maintain connec- tions between transfers; thus, the connect command does not actually create a connection, but merely remembers what host is to be used for transfers. You do not have to use the connect command; the remote host can be specified as part of the get or put com- mands. get file get remotefile localfile get file1 file2 file3... Get a file or set of files from the specified sources. A remote filename can be in one of two forms: a plain filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form host:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the last hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. Enable literal mode to prevent special treatment of the ':' character (e.g. C:dirfile). literal Toggle literal mode. When set, this mode prevents special treatment of ':' in filenames. mode transfer-mode Specify the mode for transfers; transfer-mode may be one of ascii (or netascii) or binary (or octet.) The default is ascii. put file put localfile remotefile put file1 file2 file3... remote-directory Put a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory. The destination can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form host:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. If the remote-direc- tory form is used, the remote host is assumed to be a UNIX system or another system using / as directory separator. Enable literal mode to prevent special treatment of the ':' character (e.g. C:dirfile). quit Exit tftp. End-of-file will also exit. rexmt retransmission-timeout Set the per-packet retransmission timeout, in seconds. status Show current status. timeout total-transmission-timeout Set the total transmission timeout, in seconds. trace Toggle packet tracing (a debugging feature.) verbose Toggle verbose mode. NOTES
The TFTP protocol provides no provisions for authentication or security. Therefore, the remote server will probably implement some kinds of access restriction or firewalling. These access restrictions are likely to be site- and server-specific. AUTHOR
This version of tftp is maintained by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. It was derived from, but has substantially diverged from, an OpenBSD source base, with added patches by Markus Gutschke and Gero Kulhman. SEE ALSO
tftpd(8). tftp-hpa 5.2 23 July 2008 TFTP(1)