Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Print Spooling using raw port 9100 Post 302369736 by fpmurphy on Monday 9th of November 2009 11:30:58 AM
Old 11-09-2009
Excellent solution. Thank you for posting it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX lp spooling places

Does anybody know if HP-UX uses any other directories besides /var/spool/lp/request to spool print jobs? I checked the man pages, and it only mentions /var/spool/lp in general. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some other place it might possibly use. thanks in advance for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doeboy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to direct print job to a non-standard port?

Hello. I've been asked to add a few network print queues to our HP-UX box but they're not really destined for a printer. They're going to an Interface Engine queue (also Unix based I believe...) listening on ports in the 7000 range not the standard 9100, 9101, etc... printer ports. Couldn't find a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HVHS_CJR
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

spooling

hi, can anyone help me with spool command.. i want to spool a file.. i am getting the output of an sql query into a file in the unix environment.. i want to spool the contents of this file to create a .lst file.. as of now, i am giving it like - sql.sql : spool on select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

spooling through shell script

Hi, I want to spool the output from a .sql file to a .txt file through shell script. the contents of .sql are: spool /arboru02/scripts/customer_profile_def.txt select profile_id ||','|| account_no from customer_profile_def; spool off exit and shell scrip is like: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
9 Replies

5. IP Networking

Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100.

I have a number of Windows CE operator terminals. They have facility to print alarms/messages to ... aser or Inkjet (so they're using PCL). USB or IP. IP connection takes just the IP address. Question How could I create a service or daemon on a server to capture all this data?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: transistor
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spooling file to excel

Hi , Im spooling file from oracle to csv using shell script. Below is the code im using.. The o/p is not coming in right format.. Please help me out in this.. O/p is coming as header till batch id ,im not able to see date_stored,type,type1.. Please any one can give me some suggestion ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error during spooling

Hi, I am extracting the records of a table from oracle into a csv file using spool command in unix script. I retrieve the error message as msgcnt 18512 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg02/lvol12 file system full (1 block extent) How to resolve it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabural
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies