Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Conflict between df -k and du -sk...again Post 302369710 by methyl on Monday 9th of November 2009 10:20:32 AM
Old 11-09-2009
What you you get from:

Code:
uname -srm

lvdisplay /dev/vg07/lvol2

bdf /oxt/mantran/bin/dev_usa

This effect is usually caused by processes "deleting" files which are still open. "du" sees the file as gone but "df" and "bdf" are correct.
Can you account for all the processes with:

Code:
fuser -u /oxt/mantran/bin/dev_usa

Last edited by methyl; 11-09-2009 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: fuser

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Conflict

I host a few websites for friends and lately my server has been bogging down at times. I think that it is because of a dns conflict. Someone said that by doing a nslookup I should be able to see it and then do a pkill -9 in.named and then do in.named to get it going again. Any feedback on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Conflict with PIDs

I am trying to determine the root cause of a java process that dies trying to startup during it's cron job. I did go ahead and change the time that it starts up in the cron file and now it starts successfully. However is there a way to determine what PID a process was attempting to get when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Boot time driver conflict

I have a Microdia web cam. Some times it won't work if and only if there is a "HV7131R image sensor detected" statement in the boot up. In this case when I try to get a .png snapshot all I get is a frame full of what appears to be white noise only it is mostly green. Here is the command I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 IP conflict

Hi Gurus I am in a strange situation. I have a SUN sparc server . The server was having an IP say X..... (this IP X is now being used by another server)..... I have just installed fresh solaris 9 OS on the same server and given new IP say Y. I also configured probe based IPMP with ce0 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

IP address conflict

Hi, I am currently working on 2 SPARC-ENTREPRISE T5220 (cluster servers), named SERVER 3A and SERVER 3B. Both servers have their own Ip ADRESS and share 1 Virtual IP adress to share applications....... Both servers are available , but can't communicate together right now. For example, from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conflict with the operator in IF

I am using a script like this source=$1 if ; then echo "got it" else echo "lost it" fi But the script is giving th error like script.ksh: ==: unknown test operator Can i know , is the syntax iam using is correct or suggest me a good way. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
3 Replies

7. Solaris

i have conflict with memory utilization

dear all, kindly i want to check my server memory utilization i used alot of commands but i want to make sure that it is acurate let me explain i have a server which has 32GB RAM Total Memory = 33423360 kb Free Memory = 4172568 kb Utilized Memory = 29250792 kb Memory Utilization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

NIS/RPCBind Conflict!

Hi I am trying to configure NIS client on my Ubuntu 12.04. But I could not put portmap without uninstalling rpcbind. Do I need to have rpcbind there on the server, or how can I have both portmap and rpcbind at same time there on the server, because it's having conflict. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to find conflict in ports

Hi forum, I've run into a problem here and I can't seem to figure it out. OS=Solaris 10 u11 SPARC. This application (running on a local zone) was having a conflict with a port and I can't seem to find that port listed. (eg 41468) I've tried netstat -an|grep 41468 I am pretty sure this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris LDOM IP conflict

I have a Sun T4-1 running Solaris 11.4 with a static IP 192.168.0.183. On this machine is a Solaris 10 LDOM with a static IP of 192.168.0.78. The other day I had to stop the LDOM to do a memory reconfigure. When I rebooted it I got an error that the IP 192.168.0.78 was already in use and so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)