Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy all files
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Copy all files Post 302369706 by walidfinder on Monday 9th of November 2009 10:35:00 AM
Old 11-09-2009
thank's but i would copy all file in floppy disk to other directory in one step
d'ont step by step [copy file by file]

---------- Post updated at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:16 AM ----------

because i use debian in my laptop i use external floppy drive
so i use this command to ebter to floppy drive
cd /media/floppy
for read floppy drive
i would to copy all file infloppy to other directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy of files

hi all i have a script,which when executed must copy 3 files from a directory on boxA to the same directory on boxB.I'm using scp to copy these files,the problem is out ofthe 3 files only1 is been copied and not the other 2, i have permissons for the files,any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. SCO

How do you copy files from CD

How do you copy files fra a cd-rom to a directory on the computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To copy everything except 2 files

Hi all, I would want to copy everything in a particular directory. However would want to exclude 2 files: DIMStemp01.dbf DIMSts01.dbf I tried to: (1) ls files except these 2 files into abc.txt (2) Read from abc.txt and start copying. It works, however is there any easier way? Eg.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files

Hi Team, I am unable to copy the files, when i run the below script, i am getting error as file not present, not sure what i am missing. # File to be looked upon File_Pattern='*.zip' TMP_FILE=flagfile Check=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
DIRDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							DIRDIFF(1)

NAME
dirdiff - display differences and merge changes between directory trees SYNOPSIS
dirdiff [-a|--all] [-o|--only pattern] [-I|--ignore pattern] [-r|--rcs] [-t|--bktag] [-c|--context num] [-b] [-w] [-B] [-i] [-d] [-S] [-k] dir1 dir2 ... OPTIONS
-a,--all Don't exclude any files. -o,--only pattern Only process files matching pattern. -I,--ignore pattern Don't process files matching pattern. -r,--rcs Ignore differences in RCS strings. -t,--bktag Ignore differences in Bitkeeper strings. -c,--context num Set number of lines of context to show. -b,-w,-B,-i,-d Pass these on to diff. -S Show files that are the same in the file list. -K Enable bitkeeper support. DESCRIPTION
Dirdiff is a graphical tool for displaying the differences between directory trees (up to 5) and for merging changes from one tree into another. At startup, dirdiff displays a main window with a list of the files that are different between the trees. Colored squares are used to indicate the relative ages of the versions. Files are like leaves on a deciduous tree: the newest ones are green, and then they turn yel- low, orange, and red as they get older. Missing files are black, and directories are white. To see the differences between two versions of a file, double-click on the file name. By default, the first and last versions are com- pared, but this can be changed using the Diff menu in the main window. In the differences window, there are checkboxes to the left of all the sections which are different. You can use button 1 to select an individual checkbox, or shift-button 1 or button 3 to select a whole group. Selecting a line means that you are asking for that change to be made when you update either of the files using the Merge menu. The line will be removed if it is already present or added if it is not present. To copy from one tree to another, click on the file name and select the appropriate copy operation from the Copy menu of the main window. Selecting Make patch from the File menu of the main window produces a file describing the changes between the files that can be applied by the patch tool. You can edit the patch before saving, and may wish to add explanatory text, instructions, or patch Prereq lines at the beginning. To save the patch, enter a filename in the patch window relative to the current directory, and choose Save. This will also close the window. If you are sending out patches, then the from directory should be the original version of the source. Try to make sure that the two files have the same number of leading directories. See the patch(1) man page for more information. NOTES
Dirdiff needs to be able to load the libfilecmp.so.0.0 shared library for the -r or -t flags to work. SEE ALSO
diff(1) patch(1) AUTHOR
Paul Mackerras May 2002 DIRDIFF(1)