Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Output to file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Output to file. Post 302369669 by bobbasystem on Monday 9th of November 2009 08:51:10 AM
Old 11-09-2009
AWK Output to file.

I have this awk instructions:

#Interface with description
awk '/hostname/{a=$0} /interface/{b=$0} /address/{print a b $0}' informe-router.txt
awk '/interface/{b=$0} /address/{c=$0} /description/{print b c $0}' informe-router.txt
awk '/router/,/network/{print $0}' informe-router.txt

and I need all output to a file, but if I do this:

awk '/hostname/{a=$0} /interface/{b=$0} /address/{print a b $0}' informe-router.txt > output.txt
awk '/interface/{b=$0} /address/{c=$0} /description/{print b c $0}' informe-router.txt > output.txt
awk '/router/,/network/{print $0}' informe-router.txt > output.txt

take de output for the last instruction, and I need all output.

Thanks for all Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - output to file

How do I make my awk script write its output to a file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owijust
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output to file

Hello I used awk on a file to created a new field. I used >> to redirect the output to a file but, it went to the screen instead of the file. Is there a way to redirect awk to a file? Here is what I am trying to do: join $s $t | awk '{total = $2 - $3};{print $1, $2, $3, total}' >> $r Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk output to file in IF statement

Hi all, I currently have the following script in 1) which outputs to a file if the 3rd column is equal to the message_id value. This works. However what I want to do is incorporate an else statement and output to a different file if the 3rd column doesnt equal the message_id values. I tried that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to when reading a file to search and output to file

Hi, I am not sure if this will work or not. I am getting a syntax error. I am reading fileA, using an acct number field trying to see if it exists in fileB and output to new file. Can anyone tell me if what I am doing will work or should I attempt it another way? Thanks. exec < "${fileA}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output redirection to file

I have a system stat command running which generates data after 5 sec or so. I pass this data to awk and do some calculation to present the data differently. Once done now I want to pass this data to file as and when generated but doesn't work..unless the first command completes successfully.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnscript
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to convert input file(s) to output file

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me with some scripting I need to complete using AWK. I'm trying to process multiple fixed files to generate one concatenated fixed file in a standard format. The Input file is:- aaaa bbbbb ccccc 1 xxxx aaa bbb aaaa bbbbb ccccc 2 abcd aaa CCC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Rename output file, after processing, same as input file

I have one input file ABC.txt and one output DEF.txt. After the ABC is processed and created output, I want to rename ABC.txt to ABC.orig and DEF to ABC.txt. Currently when I am doing this, it does not process the input file as it cannot read and write to the same file. How can I achieve this? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat output if input file is empty, but not if file has data in it

The below awk improved bu @MadeInGermany, works great as long as the input file has data in it in the below format: input chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 631 18 chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 632 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)