Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Creation notification
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Creation notification Post 302369570 by echchatbi on Monday 9th of November 2009 04:29:53 AM
Old 11-09-2009
File Creation notification

Hello,

Please help about writing a process that will be automatically notified by file creation in a predefined directory. Some code will appreciated.

Thanks for all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail notification on file generation

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file generation and mail notification

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
4 Replies

3. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification as popups when a file being written

I would like to know Is it possible to get a notification as pop-up in linux when a folder with extension '.aqs' written a popup should come as " The folder has been written " Thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bal_nair
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of the modification of a specific entry in a file

I need to get notification via email when the line containing a pattern is changed in a file. Not during the time any changes to file occurs. Ie if we reset a user password say example, demouser the hash in the line containing the word demouser in the file /etc/group changes. So when this change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

7. AIX

Email Notification if file exist in AIX

hi, I want to the AIX to check if file exist everyday and send me notification email. I added this to the root file in /var/spool/cron/crontabs 0 10 * * * /usr/sendS40No.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 I tried also 0 10 * * * /usr/sendS40No.sh and in the sendS40No.sh i wrote this if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amjad_bl3awy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification of user id creation/deletion

Can someone help me with a shell script that will send an email to a set of email ids when a user id is created or deleted on AIX system. Also, if the script can let the admin know when a particular user id's password will expire. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User id creation/deletion - notification

Can someone help me with a shell script that will send an email to a set of email ids when a user id is created or deleted on AIX system. Also, if the script can let the admin know when a particular user id's password will expire. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)				 Introduction to Library Functions				 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFWriteDirectory - write the current directory in an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> int TIFFWriteDirectory(TIFF* tif) DESCRIPTION
Write the contents of the current directory to the file and set up to create a new subfile in the same file. Applications only need to call TIFFWriteDirectory when writing multiple subfiles to a single TIFF file. TIFFWriteDirectory is automatically called by TIFFClose and TIFF- Flush to write a modified directory if the file is open for writing. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
Diagnostics All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. Error post-encoding befoBeforeecwritingitthe contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Error flushing data befoBeforeewritingrthe.contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Cannot write directory, Therefwasanot enough space to allocate a temporary area for the directory that was to be written. Error writing directory Aowrite error occurred when writing the count of fields in the directory. Error writing directory Aowriteserror occurred when writing the directory fields. Error writing directory Aiwrite error occurred when writing the link to the next directory. Error writing data for fAewriteserror occurred when writing indirect data for the specified field. Error writing TIFF headeA.write error occurred when rewriting header at the front of the file. Error fetching directoryAcread.error occurred when fetching the directory count field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. Error fetching directoryAlread error occurred when fetching the directory link field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. RETURN VALUES
1 is returned when the contents are successfully written to the file. Otherwise, 0 is returned if an error was encountered when writing the directory contents. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtiff(3), TIFFError(3tiff), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFReadDirectory(3tiff), TIFFSetDirectory(3tiff) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 05 Apr 2004 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)