Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with find its action Post 302369510 by computethis on Sunday 8th of November 2009 11:51:14 PM
Old 11-09-2009
Need help with find its action

I am writing a shell script that takes at least 2 arguments. The first is an octal representation of file permissions, the second is a command that is executed on all the files found with that permission.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
find . -perm $1 -exec $2 $3 $4 {} \;

invoked: ./script.sh 543 ls -la

what I have now works alright, but it assumes that there are no more than 2 options with the command. Also on the system I'm using it ignores the $3 and $4 if not further arguments were passed, but this is poor style and I'm guessing some systems may get messed up.

I tried
Code:
#!/bin/sh
shift
find . -perm shift -exec
while [$# gt 0]
do
    shift
end
{} \;

but this didn't work.

Is my question clear or should I clarify?
Thanks for the help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

action command

Hi.. When i refered the script /etc/rc.sysinit... i found the "action commands" like But this is not working in my shells.. the following error is coming... Please anybody help Thanks in advance esham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i do some action when 'ctrl+d' is pressed

hi Gurus, please why is this happening: when i run this: #!/bin/bash declare -a name declare -a ph declare -a eid r=0; c=1; i=1; n=; echo " name phone email_id" while : do #if ; then #break; #else echo -n "field $i:"; read name ph eid; let "i++"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

same action in then as in else: explanation?

in /etc/init.d/networking of an ubuntu computer, I found this code: if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then log_action_end_msg $? else log_action_end_msg $? fi Shouldn't it be replace by ifdown -a --exclude=lo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Math action in ksh

Hello, I want to do div action in ksh and get the full result(with leftover). i.e. 4/3=1.33 and not 4/3=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split an action in groups

Hi all, I need some help with a script I would like to amend.Let's say it's a simple script like the one below controls=`grep line /etc/file |grep -v "^#"| awk -F":" '{print $4}'` for cc in $controls do echo $cc sleep 2 done cc variable holds a list of 40 numbers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geovas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple action!

lets explain it easy by showing the initial file and desired file: I've a file such this that contains: initial_file: 31/12/2011 23:46:08 38.6762 43.689 14.16 Ml 3.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check load and action

Hey everyone can you check this script logic ? it has to restart webservice if found server load is higher than X, also i have put it in crontab to run every one minute #!/bin/bash loadavg=$(uptime | awk -F "." '{ print $1 }' | awk -F ":" '{ print $5 }') if ; then pkill -9 httpd service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
7 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)