Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same Post 302369491 by summer_cherry on Sunday 8th of November 2009 09:53:45 PM
Old 11-08-2009
Code:
sort -t"," +1 1.txt >1.txt.bak
sort -t"," +1 2.txt >2.txt.bak
join -t"," -j1 2 -j2 2 -o 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 2.3  1.txt.bak 2.txt.bak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

eAdd two fields in a column if their previous field values are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output file as follows If field3 in file1 is same as field3 in the next line then the field4 should add... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on values of fields.

Hi All, I have two files and data looks like this: File1 Contents #Field1,Field2 Dist_Center_file1.txt;21 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 File2 Contents (*** No Header ***) Dist_Center_file1.txt;23 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column values from previous and next line using awk

Hi, I have a csv file which contains data that looks something like this: Key1 Key2 Key3 New_Key1 New_Key2 New_Key3 102 30 0 - - - 102 40 1 30 40 50 102 50 2 40 50 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishi_Licious
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare values in multiple rows in one column using awk

I would like to compare values in column 8, and grep the ones where the different is > 1, columns 1 and 2 are the key for array. Every 4 rows the records values in columns 1 and 2 changed. Then, the comparison in the column 8 need to be done for the 4 rows everytime columns 1 and 2 changed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)