Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: config file, get field.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting config file, get field. Post 302369441 by TonyLawrence on Sunday 8th of November 2009 11:58:46 AM
Old 11-08-2009
Are you saying the fields are split on spaces?

If so, it's trivial with awk or Perl and even with just bash:

Code:
while read line
do
set $line
echo $2
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 1st field in a file into 2nd field in another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amurib
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append 1st field from a file into 2nd field of another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amurib
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help. Compare 2 files field by field and get the output in another file.

Hi Freinds, I have 2 files . one is source.txt and second one is target.txt. I want to keep source.txt as baseline and compare target.txt. please find the data in 2 files and Expected output. Source.txt 1|HYD|NAG|TRA|34.5|1234 2|CHE|ESW|DES|36.5|134 3|BAN|MEH|TRA|33.5|234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
MPI_KMEANS(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MPI_KMEANS(1)

NAME
mpi_kmeans - K-Means clustering tool SYNOPSIS
mpi_kmeans [options] DESCRIPTION
mpi_kmeans is a program that uses k-means clustering to produce a list of cluster centers. The resulting data can be used by mpi_assign(1) to assign points to those cluster centers. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. Generic Options: --help Produce help message Input/Output Options: --data file Training file, one datum per line (default: "data.txt") --output file Output file, one cluster center per line (default: "output.txt") K-Means Options: --k num Number of clusters to generate (default: 100) --restarts num Number of k-means restarts (default: 0 = single run) --maxiter num Maximum number of k-means iterations (default: 0 = infinity) EXAMPLES
mpi_kmeans --k 2 --data example.txt --output clusters.txt SEE ALSO
mpi_assign(1) AUTHOR
mpi_kmeans was written by Peter Gehler <peter.gehler@tuebingen.mpg.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 11, 2011 MPI_KMEANS(1)