Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: config file, get field.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting config file, get field. Post 302369437 by jimmy_y on Sunday 8th of November 2009 11:39:06 AM
Old 11-08-2009
config file, get field.

Hi Everyone,
I have a txt file: a.txt
Code:
a_b_ 3
c_d_e_ 55

(Assume this a.txt got 100 lines, here i just list 2 lines)
How should i get the 2nd field when 1st field eq c_d_e_. my way is:
Code:
`cat a.txt | grep c_d_e_ | cut -f2 -d' '`

Is there simple way, more efficient way in regular expression, perl? awk? and etc. Smilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 1st field in a file into 2nd field in another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amurib
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append 1st field from a file into 2nd field of another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amurib
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help. Compare 2 files field by field and get the output in another file.

Hi Freinds, I have 2 files . one is source.txt and second one is target.txt. I want to keep source.txt as baseline and compare target.txt. please find the data in 2 files and Expected output. Source.txt 1|HYD|NAG|TRA|34.5|1234 2|CHE|ESW|DES|36.5|134 3|BAN|MEH|TRA|33.5|234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)