Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing Post 302369434 by TonyFullerMalv on Sunday 8th of November 2009 11:26:05 AM
Old 11-08-2009
The spinning batton is either the tftp download of the tftp boot file from /tftpboot (assuming default directory) or else if the JumpStart server is a reasonably up to date Solaris 10 then it is downloading the sparc.miniroot and expanding it into memory, it is big and can take quite a while to download and expand into memory. How much memory does your client have installed?
Don't know what TCP/IP port 518 denotes?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart installation problem.

We are installing Solaris 9 with Jumpstart ...facing problems.. Problem is .it is prompting for questions, even though we set the Sysidcfg and class files properly. when we give "boot net - install" at OK prompt, it is coming till "The system is coming up. Please wait" After that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation over WAN using jumpstart

I am trying to install Solaris 10 OS using jumpstart over WAN. I have configured the jumpstart server with apache server and created all the necessary configurations and files. When i WAN boot my target machine, it gets booted using wanboot, it downloads the miniroot from the jumpstart server, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Flash installation with Jumpstart

I get following error while doing a flash installation. I 'm trying to deploy a flash archive created by our engineering team. I 'm trying to install it with ZFS root and the profile which i using is as following #more flash_profile_test install_type flash_install archive_location nfs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Jumpstart Installation from X86 machine

Hi friends , i have on ultra 10 Sparc machine . Due to some problem my OS is fully corrupted , so i am planning to install again but my problem is the cd drive in Ultra 10 machine is not working. Now i am planning to use Jumpstart installation method to install my server. But i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Could not start installation using jumpstart

hello I created a boot server and tryed to run intstall with jumpstart on other solaris server, but jumpstart coudn't starts, only text-based install. sysidcfg and rules file are in the same shared folder, rules file has only one string any - - any_profile - and thta't all. also I created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
2 Replies

7. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem in configuring jumpstart installation

I am trying to configuring jumpstart configuration. Please find below sysidcfg configuration file output bash-3.2# cat sysidcfg terminal=vt100 network_interface=nxge0 { primary hostname=sun1 ip_address=192.168.11.10 \ protocol_ipv6=no netmask=255.255.255.0 default_route=192.168.11.7}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies
tftpd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  tftpd(8)

NAME
tftpd - The DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/tftpd [-b] [-d] [-r pathname] [-t interval] [directory ...] FLAGS
Instructs tftpd to not respond to broadcast requests. Specifies that the name of the file and other debug information is sent to syslogd. Specifies the relative pathname a user can specify to transfer a file that has no path associated with it. For example, -r /tmp/tftp causes /tmp/tftp to be prefixed to a file that has no path and the file is copied to and from the directory /tmp/tftp. Only one directory path can be specified with this option. Specifies the amount of time, in seconds, that tftpd waits before it recognizing a connection timeout. The default interval is 25 seconds. DESCRIPTION
The tftpd daemon is a server that supports the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) Trivial File Transfer Protocol. The TFTP server operates at the port indicated in the tftp service description; see services(4). The server is normally started by inetd(8). The use of tftp does not require an account or password on the remote system. Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed. Files can be written only if they already exist and are publicly writable. Note that this extends the concept of ``public'' to include all users on all hosts that can be reached through the network; this may not be appropri- ate on all systems, and its implication should be considered before enabling tftp service. The server should have the user ID with the lowest possible privilege. Access to files may be restricted by invoking tftpd with a list of directories and including pathnames as server program arguments in /etc/inetd.conf. In this case, access is restricted to files whose names are prefixed by the one of the given directories. The tftpd daemon validates the files that it has to transfer against the /etc/tftptab file. If you are transferring files that are not pub- licly readable or not in the directories listed on the command line, you must make certain that those files are listed in the /etc/tftptab file. RESTRICTION
The maximum number of directories allowed in the directory list are 62. The maximum number of files allowed in /etc/tftptab file is 256. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: tftp(1) Daemons: inetd(8) delim off tftpd(8)