Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HMC installation
Operating Systems AIX HMC installation Post 302369365 by dplinux on Saturday 7th of November 2009 07:01:18 PM
Old 11-07-2009
HMC installation

Can i install HMC on an x86 or x64 machine..
i have (2) rs6000 44p model 170 . OS: AIX 5.3 TL 7
I want to practice HMC and LPAR.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

3. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

4. AIX

HMC Hangs

Hi Gurus ; I have few SP Nodes running and alongwith that there is a console. All running Aix 4.3. The console system use to monitor activities for other SP nodes but at a sudden the console stops responding without logging any error. We have to reboot everytime sometimes twice or thrice in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadwendrav
0 Replies

5. AIX

HMC Backup

I have a few HMC questions. Version: 7 Release: 3.3.0 Build Level: 20080421.1 Base Version: V7R3.3.0 Model Type: 7042CR4 1. What are the types of backups should be performed on the HMC in case of disaster? From what I gather in the documentation, there is a critical data backup and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
2 Replies

6. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. AIX

HMC uptime

Hey guys!! Was tring to figure out how to find the uptime of an HMC? Any clue Bala (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. AIX

Hmc uptime

HELLO ALL HOW CAN I CHECK HMC UPTIME :confused: :confused: VERSION 6 :D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX and HMC installation issue

I started the AIX install with a fiber channel disk, and let it run: restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. . . . . . << End of copyright notice for perfagent.tools >>. . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gideon1a
2 Replies

10. AIX

HMC commands

Hi anybody know how to dynamically add a virtual ethernet to a running LPAR using the HMC CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwright84
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)