Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grant privileges in Oracle
Top Forums Programming Grant privileges in Oracle Post 302369362 by symeje on Saturday 7th of November 2009 06:41:18 PM
Old 11-07-2009
Question Grant privileges in Oracle

i have installed oracle 10g and two databases.
i enter database1 as sysdba and create a user called user1.i give the privileges as "select on" to user1.
i enter sqlplus from the shell prompt. i enter as user1. but when i do "select * from emp" i have a "the table doesn't exist". how can i give the privileges to this user? how can i see his privileges and the tables this user1 can access?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL GRANT permission.

Hi, I'm one of a server administrators. I've the linux root account but I don't know the root password of MySQL (Server version: 5.0.32). I want to GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to my MySQL account without changing the MySQL's root password. How can I do so? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
0 Replies

2. Linux

grant root privileges to ordinary user

Hi, Is it possible to grant root privileges to an ordinary user? Other than 'sudo', is there some way under Users/Groups configuration? I want ordinary user to be able to mount, umount and use command mt. /Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

grant usage to users listed in a file

hi, i'm trying to grant usage to multiple users whose ids are in a file. i thought that i could put the mysql code within a while loop, but that's not working for me: while read user; do userid=$user passwd="changeme" query="grant usage on mysql.USERS.* to $userid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Grant print related privileges

Afternoon everyone, I would want to ask that how/what privileges i should grant to a new user so that the user can clear /disable printing job queue? Solaris OS: 5.9 Thanks. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix privileges for Oracle user

Hi I have an issue I am currently trying to execute Unix Commands through a Java Source within Oracle 10g I am currently running Oracle on a Unix Sun Solaris Platform. I am executing the Java Source through a PL/SQL and on SQL Navigator it is saying that it has been executed. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRL88
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ?

---file1 ( tables A B C D E F ... ... Z ---file2 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris, grant user to kill another process

the task is grant user1 to kill another (for example user2) process. My steps: by root: usermod -P "Process Management" user1 login user1 user1@server (~) pfexec kill <PID> the result is: ksh: <PID>: not found or user1@server (~) pfexec pkill <PID> the result: nothing happens, still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsyberia
0 Replies
rcp(1c) 																   rcp(1c)

Name
       rcp - remote file copy

Syntax
       rcp [ -p ] file1 file2
       rcp [-r] [-p] file... directory

Description
       The command copies files between machines.  Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form rhost:path, or a local
       file name.  Local file names do not contain colons (:) or backslashes () before colons.

Note that the command refuses to copy a file onto itself.

If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to your login directory on rhost.  To ensure that the metacharacters are inter-
       preted  remotely,  a  remote  host's  path  can be quoted by either using a backslash () before a single character, or enclosing character
       strings in double (") or single (') quotes.

The command does not prompt for passwords; your current local user name must exist on rhost and allow remote command execution via

The command handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine.  Hostnames may also take the form
       rname@rhost  to	use rname rather than the current user name on the remote host.  The following example shows how to copy the file foo from
       user1@mach1 to user2@mach2:
	$ rcp user1@mach1:foo  user2@mach2:foo
       Note that the file .rhosts on mach2 in user2's account must include an entry for mach1 user1.  Also note that it may be necessary  for  the
       person implementing the command to be listed in the .rhosts file for mach1 user1.

By  default,  the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if file2 already exists.  Otherwise, the mode of the source file modified by on the
       destination host is used.

Options
       -p   Preserves the modification times and modes of the source files in its copies, ignoring the

-r   Copies files in all subdirectories recursively, if the file to be copied is a directory.  In this  case  the  destination  must  be  a
	    directory.

Restrictions
       The  command  is  confused by output generated by commands in a .cshrc file on the remote host.	In particular, `where are you?' and `stty:
       Can't assign requested address' are messages which can result if output is generated by the startup file.

See Also
       ftp(1c), rlogin(1c), rsh(1c)

rcp(1c)