Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ways to know about a command....... Post 302369301 by hollywood on Saturday 7th of November 2009 11:05:08 AM
Old 11-07-2009
type command

Shows you whether the command is an a builtin, function, alias or in your PATH.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

12 Ways to Parse a file

A common thing in shell scripting. I came across this script that will be useful for people learning to write script. #!/usr/bin/ksh # # SCRIPT: 12_ways_to_parse.ksh.ksh # # # REV: 1.2.A # # PURPOSE: This script shows the different ways of reading # a file line by line. Again... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ways to open a file

How many ways are there to open a file in unix? wha i know is mentioned below suppose if xx is a filename, then 1) cat xx 2) more xx 3) view xx 4) less xx I heard there are seven ways to open a file. If so, can anyone tell me all the ways to open a file and correct me the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

10 e-ffective Ways to Get Backlinks!

Backlinks are super important on the web today! Without them your site most likely will not get found by search engine spiders. If your website has been generating low to No traffic then it is probably due to the lack of backlinks. Below are 10 e-ffective Ways to Get Backlinks! 1. Forum... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldcarter55
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help ! or others ways to do it!

Hi! I really need your help! I need to operate the columns separate by ',' of a file with this structure a1,a2,a3 b1,b2,b3,b4,b5 c1,c2 d1,d2,d3 e1 .... and I want the result of this subtractions a1-a1,a2-a1,a3-a1 b1-b1,b2-b1,b3-b1,b4-b1,b5-b1 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: geparada88
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ways in which applications are Launched.

How does X windows system launch a program? Does X give init a command (fork) or does x give BASH a command? Can/does X interact with init directly or does everything go through BASH? :wall: Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ways to get OS version

I am trying to figure out the OS version of my Linux box. I got three commands: # uname -a Linux test01 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 15:51:15 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 # cat /proc/version Linux version 2.6.18-238.el5 (mockbuild@builder10.centos.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: insvf
4 Replies

7. Programming

Sum a number in different ways.

Hello, I need some help to correct my algorithm steps to sum a number. I am confused... please input some steps Example: Let's say a number 5. Now we can get a list of numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4 (less than 5 in sorted order). so the sum could be: 1+4; 2+3 ( 1+1+1+1+1 or 1+2+2 is not a solution). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ways to run script from anywhere

Hi I am trying to make my scripts to run from any directory and after some research (googling) I find there are 2 ways to do this 1. export PATH=$PATH:directory 2. create a /bin directory in your home directory and put your scripts there. Could someone tell me the relative merits of either... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piynik
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyway different ways of doing this program

Okay so I'm 13 and my dad set me a challenge of writing a program that check to see if a box is online with input parameter when starting the program so i came back with this.The top commented out bit is what he showed me how to do after i show him my code. #!/bin/sh #in=${@} #tst=`echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattylad000
3 Replies
Expat(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Expat(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::Expat - SAX2 Driver for Expat (XML::Parser) SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX::Expat; use XML::SAX::MyFooHandler; my $h = XML::SAX::MyFooHandler->new; my $p = XML::SAX::Expat->new(Handler => $h); $p->parse_file('/path/to/foo.xml'); DESCRIPTION
This is an implementation of a SAX2 driver sitting on top of Expat (XML::Parser) which Ken MacLeod posted to perl-xml and which I have updated. It is still incomplete, though most of the basic SAX2 events should be available. The SAX2 spec is currently available from <http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/perl-sax/>. A more friendly URL as well as a PODification of the spec are in the works. METHODS
The methods defined in this class correspond to those listed in the PerlSAX2 specification, available above. FEATURES AND CAVEATS
supported_features Returns: * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities * [ Features supported by ancestors ] Turning one of the first two on also turns the other on (this maps to the XML::Parser ParseParamEnts option). This may be fixed in the future, so don't rely on this behaviour. MISSING PARTS
XML::Parser has no listed callbacks for the following events, which are therefore not presently generated (ways may be found in the future): * ignorable_whitespace * skipped_entity * start_entity / end_entity * resolve_entity Ways of signalling them are welcome. In addition to those, set_document_locator is not yet called. TODO
- reuse Ken's tests and add more AUTHOR
Robin Berjon; stolen from Ken Macleod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us, and with suggestions and feedback from perl-xml. Currently maintained by Bjoern Hoehrmann, <http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Robin Berjon. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser::PerlSAX perl v5.18.2 2014-01-20 Expat(3)