Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping temporary off and down
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ping temporary off and down Post 302369254 by eelinker on Saturday 7th of November 2009 06:34:26 AM
Old 11-07-2009
Ping temporary off and down

We have a sun server which when pinged temporarily responds and sometimes dont respond.

Which problems may it is facing?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Removing temporary alias

I found a syntax for adding temporary alias to an interface: ifconfig en0 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 alias But I can't find a command to remove it. Could it be that I only need to add - before alias? Tnx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove temporary file ?

Hi all, In the script I am creating a temporary file with process id as temp.txt.$$ I want to remove this tomporary file first from the current directory when i'll run the same script next time. Note: Every time when the script executes then it has unique process id and it'll create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Temporary files and rm

Hello everyone, I am creating a temporary file in my ksh by using something file filetemp=filetemp.$$ Later on in my script I write to the file $filetemp by 'cat'ing to it. Then in the script I am doing a 'less' on the file to view it. At the end of the script I issue a rm $filetemp 2>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

4. Solaris

temporary modification of date

Goodmorning, I have a server with solaris 2.6 installed. Is it possible modify system date only temporary that, automatically, after a reboot, I can have again the date after the temporary mofication? I don't want to use "date" command after reboot for tidy up date. I only want to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync temporary files

Hi, I am looking to use rsync in a very specific way, and even though I have trawled the rsync man pages I have not succeeded in seeing a way of doing the following: The temporary files created by rsync should not be created in the destination directory. (I have used --temp-dir option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

8. Programming

Storing a Temporary File Using C

How would someone save a file such as /etc/vpnc/test.conf locally into a temp file, so it can be queried? So for example if I used rsync to copy this file locally, how would I add that to a temp_file variable and discard it using unlink? #include <stdio.h> #include "error.h" ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
15 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
GLFRONTFACE(3G) 														   GLFRONTFACE(3G)

NAME
glFrontFace - define front- and back-facing polygons C SPECIFICATION
void glFrontFace( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies the orientation of front-facing polygons. GL_CW and GL_CCW are accepted. The initial value is GL_CCW. DESCRIPTION
In a scene composed entirely of opaque closed surfaces, back-facing polygons are never visible. Eliminating these invisible polygons has the obvious benefit of speeding up the rendering of the image. To enable and disable elimination of back-facing polygons, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_CULL_FACE. The projection of a polygon to window coordinates is said to have clockwise winding if an imaginary object following the path from its first vertex, its second vertex, and so on, to its last vertex, and finally back to its first vertex, moves in a clockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. The polygon's winding is said to be counterclockwise if the imaginary object following the same path moves in a counterclockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. glFrontFace specifies whether polygons with clockwise winding in window coordinates, or counterclockwise winding in window coordinates, are taken to be front-facing. Passing GL_CCW to mode selects counterclock- wise polygons as front-facing; GL_CW selects clockwise polygons as front-facing. By default, counterclockwise polygons are taken to be front-facing. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glFrontFace is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_FRONT_FACE SEE ALSO
glCullFace, glLightModel GLFRONTFACE(3G)