Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to compact information ! Post 302369151 by csierra on Friday 6th of November 2009 04:17:54 PM
Old 11-06-2009
Hello rdcwayx and Everybody.

I tried the awk script with the ascii attached file and working fine but the output is in incorrect date order.

Could you please help me for solve that the final output will in ascending date order like the original input file

Thanks in advance

Carlos

---------- Post updated at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:17 PM ----------

Hello rdcwayx and Everybody.

I tried the awk script with the ascii attached file and working fine but the output is in incorrect date order.

Could you please help me for solve that the final output will in ascending date order like the original input file

Thanks in advance

Carlos

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

formatting a Compact Flash in DOS format

:confused: I tryied to use the mount Command (and the msdos.utils) in Darwin 1.4 (OS X) to format a Compact Flash in DOS Format (I had already this native format but I changed it with Disk Utility in MacOS standard and the PC Card slot of a Windows 98-Laptop can't nore read the card) I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreamsurfer
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Burn .gp Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 to Compact Disc Media on Windows Box

Hi All, I Downloaded Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 for Linux AS 4 and the file format is Directions to extract the files 1. Run "gunzip <filename>" on all the files. Eg. ship_9204_linux_disk1.cpio.gz 2. Extract the cpio archives with the command "cpio -idmv < <filename>" Eg. cpio -idmv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashpichika
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User information script

Hi Guys, I just started learning unix and was wondering if anyone can assist me with my User info script.The script file lets the user input their personal information (Their name, address, phone number etc...). The script will then ask the user to input the info again if the input is incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rc1138
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compact 3-D output from a big input like:

Hi Experts!!!! Tried a lot but in vein,no success, please help to achieve this LOGIC behind is first field is reffrance row field, the second field shoud be made titles of coulmn and the the third field is made as matrix value. And if they dont match the matrix value should be 0. (Unix (Shell,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashis.tewari
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Format a compact flash card in Ubuntu

I need some assistance formatting a compact flash card in Ubtunu. I connect up the CF card through a USB reader. Ubuntu recognizes the reader usb device, but does not "mount" the CF card as a device. The CF card was formatted in FAT32 format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesis211
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compact script with array - Good idea?

Hi, I have a shell script where a lot of the code is repeated. I wanted to make the code much more compact so I spoke to a guy and he suggested using arrays, like follows: #!/bin/bash readonly -a nginx=('nginx' '--prefix=/opt' '-j 4' 'http://nginx.org/download/nginx-1.2.2.tar.gz' )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)