Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem launching process as BG with & Post 302369136 by mark54g on Friday 6th of November 2009 02:59:45 PM
Old 11-06-2009
that would depend on the process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem w/ -z && -n switches in an if statment

When ever i run this if statement with the -n OR -z switches it always returns says positive and does "HAVE STUFF". BUT the file does not contain the word optimus in any form. $echo this is mojo > test.file $if ; then >echo HAVE STUFF >else^Jecho NO STUFF >fi HAVE STUFF $if ; then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Linux

Having player problem && need your help.

My System is FC3, The following Players don't run well: 1).Helix Player couldn't play MP3 and *.wma files, 2).Totem is the same, 3)XMMS couldn't play .wma files. I am a newer of Linux,but I like Linux,just as you. Could you help me? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: letcorpmuv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UID & GID of the running process

Hi, out of curosity this question just popped in my mind. Is there any way to find out the uid and gid of the running process ? If i do a ls -l of a program then it shows the uid/gid bit (if its set). I want to see as which user/group the program is running ..... is there any way to know this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurjain
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Launching a process in remote machine

Hi all, Normally to launch a process in the remote machine I will use ssh to the machine and launch the process.I want to launch the remote machine process with out login into the machine . Is there any way. It may be any workaround method. Thanks in advance .:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Needs help in launching a console application with the help of daemon process

Hi All, I am facing problem in launching a application with the help of a daemon process. Actually the application is based on command line that reads various commands for controlling the application from the console and accordingly executes those commands. The application always interact with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopallinux
3 Replies

8. Programming

IF && statement problem

Hello there, My first time on the forums, glad to be here :) I'm completely new to programming in PHP and I have a question which I hope someone could help me with. I am currently using this statement: if(($session == 2) && ($item == Dagger) && ($item2 == Dagger)){ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hero
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SEnding a process to backgorund (&) in here document

Trying to do the following ssh root@192.168.0.111 'bash -s' <<ENDSSH mkfifo a.pipe gzip -c < a.pipe > aa.gzip & ENDSSH it does not seems to be able to send the gzip process to background. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acelau
3 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes blocked by pending I/O will cause new process creation to be weighted by the iorate factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify another value. The amount weight=(nblockedxiorate)/1000 will be subtracted from the total number of processes which could be started, where nblocked is the number of processes currently blocked by pending I/O. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init(8) insserv(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)