Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bad option(s) with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bad option(s) with awk Post 302369025 by aigles on Friday 6th of November 2009 09:15:08 AM
Old 11-06-2009
You can also do :
Code:
#!/bin/ksh -x

OriginalString='-p/usr/home/dfusr/adm/props/Comments.properties_-iPEL17'

oldIFS="$IFS" ; IFS=
set -A cmdLineArgs -- $OriginalString
IFS="$oIFS"

echo "cmdLineArgs[0]:::::::: ${cmdLineArgs[0]}"
echo "cmdLineArgs[1]:::::::: ${cmdLineArgs[1]}"

I have also tried :
Code:
IFS=_ set -A cmdLineArgs -- $OriginalString

The problem is that this command works fine at the prompt, but not from a script file. Somebody can explain that ?

Jean-Pierre

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk system date with -d option

Hi I get problems when using the following command : cat logs | awk -F";" '{ system("date -d "1970-01-01 UTC+0100 $1 seconds""); }' date: date invalide `1968641199401200' date: date invalide `1968641199381709' this is what i have in my log file : cat logs 1199401200;a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arag0rn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts: bad option(s)

Hi, I have a script that ran perfectly on Solaris 5.8 However after upgrade to Solaris 5.10 it started failing. I invoke the script as below: ./TestScript3.ksh --dir $APP_DATA_IN_OLD $NDM_DATA/$NEXT_FILE When i execute it i get the following error "getopts: dir bad option(s)". Please let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoeJoseph
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

-F option and - V in a single awk statment

Please let me know if I can use -F option and - V in a single awk statment. I want to import some comma separated shell variables using -F option and defining some static variables inside awk using -v option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK FS with ignore space option

Hi, i have in a situation to get the variables which are having a "|" delimiter and each variable may or may not have spaces, so how can i skip the spaces on the string and print the string as it is. For example: line = "|Hello world|Hello|Hi Guys| read x y z <<<$(echo "$line" | awk -F"|"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprabhaker
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can -v option in awk be used to store an array of variables?

I want to pass an array of variables to be inserted by awk in the 2nd column of a file. Empl No. Employee Age 1000000 22 1100000 24 1200000 26 Now, I want to pass an array having three different ages which need to replace the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishi_Licious
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)